1978 volare road runer survivor for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wylde1

Reaction score
It's an F-body fer-cryin'-out-loud. They used to rust just sitting on the dealer's lot.

The op posted a pic with rot in the 1/4. That would be your cue that there's more rust than what you see. You should have gone to check the car out first or asked if there was someone in that area who could check it out for you.

It's a buyer beware market out there. Now that doesn't give the op a free ride. If he knew there was rot and didn't say anything, then he's a low-life jerk stain who's not to be trusted. I thought the Mopar guys were more honest and straight up compared to the Chevy guys.

The $3,000 you saved on the purchase price can go towards cutting off the lower 1/4's and welding in some fresh steel. I'd cut it just below the body line, weld in some fresh metal and paint it up to the stripe. Then cover the frsh paint in gooey rubber burning off the back tires. :thumbsup: :headbang: :3gears::3gears:

Wylde1.

bnichols

Reaction score
LOL i knew about the drivers side, i wasn't told about the passenger side which is worse you can't really tell in pics, the whole point of this post is if he sells anything else either go look at it or have someone put an eyeball on it he apparantly doesn't know how to describe or look for previous work is all.

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
My best guess is some bondo over rust then repaint. It looks like a real good section off rust that needs to be repaired. I went back through the pictures and story and no mention of rust on the other side. I say ripped off.

joeblo

Reaction score
Hes been trying to buy the car for 3 years then sells it in 2 months!? Then someone says they were ripped off by him. Then he lowers his price by $3000, Then you buy the car with out looking at it?? WTF? I don't mean to be rude, I just can't wrap my head around this.?

Aspen360

Reaction score
Hes been trying to buy the car for 3 years then sells it in 2 months!? Then someone says they were ripped off by him. Then he lowers his price by $3000, Then you buy the car with out looking at it?? WTF? I don't mean to be rude, I just can't wrap my head around this.?

Here is what really happened.
Mr. Iowa probably bought the car, didn't like all the rust issues and decided to sell it at an over-inflated price to make up for his loss. Afer listing the car on ebay twice and only having the price get to the $5000 range, He finally realizes that the car would never sell for over $8000, he then lowers the price to an ebay average of $5800. This is when he gets a serious bite and not wanting to lose the sale, he lies out his ass and says it's wonderful and the price is firm and he is just selling to go a different direction (aka doesn't want to fix the rust). He even says he is a body man to make the possible buyer feel better and after checking out all the spots that were sked about by the prospective buyer, he says everything is perfect and there are no issues with any of those areas. The snake then closes the deal, he gets his money, says goodbye to the car, has his "new truck" and he has successfully screwed over a fellow Mopar lover. It's really quite simple.

pink71demon

Reaction score
hi guys i wish you guys new the whole story not just one side of everything the buyer asked me for pics of all 4 spots of the quarter panels in front of rear wheels and behind so i did and you can see all bad spots in the pictures i was 100% honest with this guy about everything i told him the car had previous bodywork down low at lest on the drivers side that i could see come on people the car was repainted in 85 witch the buyer was told this. i also told him that since the driver side of the car needed work that i would do the same spots on the passenger side of the car because you never know what kind of work was done back in 85. in witch the new owner said to me yeah i agree with you thats what i will do so i know what is going on down there. so he was well aware and planed on doing work to the bottom of both quarters before the car was bought so i have no idea what he is complaining about its just a quarter panel its not frame rails or anything. i will post picts that was sent to buyer before he bought it and if anyone wants to assume something before getting both sides of the story needs to think about things first please. and like i said before i owned the car for 2 months and would love to still have it my truck took a crap and needed to replace it and thats just what i did after the car was sold thank you and have a good night

100_5282.jpg

100_5283.jpg

100_5284.jpg

pink71demon

Reaction score
i bought the car 30 miles from my house and loved the car and i drove it home and enjoyed it for the few months i owned it i knew about the same things that i told the new owner about i just wish people would assume what happen when they dont know the whole story and then just take one guys story like everyone always says there is always 2 sides to everything but everyone always takes the side of the person not happy about something. this is a beautiful car if you people would have seen it you
would agree i had someone offer to buy the car from me 2 days after i bought it for 7500 and i declined cause i loved the car

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
If he bought it at the dealer and wasn't happy he could take it back. If your honest about your sale to him take it back and give him his money back. I would not have bought it without first looking at it and I would have seen all the issues with it and would have declined. Once more you never posted those pictures on this site and made the posters on this site aware of the other issues. It's a he said she said situation but I don't believe Brett would lie. He only wanted a better car then the one he had and from the pictures you supplied on this site it did look good in the pictures.

pink71demon

Reaction score
i never said i posted the pics on the site they were sent straight to him. im not calling him a liar he is a very nice guy i really liked him i was as honest with him as to what i knew about the car. im not a liar and never have been i came to this site thinking you people are car guys and understand no car is perfect no matter what.

Aspen360

Reaction score
I am the first to admit that if you buy an F-body that is not a ground resto, you will most likely find rust. But if I ask the seller to specifically look at an area in question and they in turn say its absolutely perfect and they cannot see any flaws in that area, then the car arrives and lo and behold there is bondo or bubbling clearly present in that area, that is 100% on the seller for not being up front. Pictures or not. Remember, white hides alot. I'll be seeing the car in person, so i as of right now, you are right Demon, i cannot make one sided statements and I apologize. BUT, like Bremeric said, Brett has no reason to lie. He sold his pride and joy to purchase a car that was deemed everything it was said to be and more (which in his eyes, it is not) The seller should at least try and offer to make it right in some way shape or form. We ARE car guys, and most car guys (especially Mopar guys) do the right thing. Demon, from the posts, I am assuming that you owned the car before Darren did, who in turn sold to Brett?

bnichols

Reaction score
hmmmmm darren i asked you about any rust bubbles in the quarters by the tailights on the corners you ASSURED me no nothinh at all a damn blind man could have felt and seen the blisters on the passenger side you also told me nothing about the rust bubbles and crappy repair on the passenger side in fact no mention of any repairs to the rt side in your words!! bottom line the reason for my posts is just to let future buyers who are looking to buy something from you don't go by your pics or word, go look at it or hire someone to look at it thats all i am going to say i can tell you this if we had done this deal thru e-bay you would be getting the car back and i would be getting my money back, shane on me this is all in my lap if there is ever a next time for you selling a car remember honesty is the best policy! enough said live your life i will take a huge hit and dump this thing it makes me sick looking at it.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
That's too bad.
It's always a real drag when you're hyped up because you think you're buying your dream car and you wind up getting a POS.

But there is the lesson (learned the hard way)
If you yourself didn't kick the tires
You yourself should not be laying out the money.
Definitely a tough one as far as how to settle this one.
Hope all works out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back