FOR SALE 1980 Aspen R/T parts car or part out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Contact seller
I bought the car a while back with the intention of building a cheap street car but ultimately the cars just turning into too much work the front and rear us frames are both shot and it needs a fair amount of body work. The car is complete and I'd be willing to part out or sell whole if there's any interest, it's a 318 auto car and I kinda planned on keeping the engine and tranny as it has good compression and I have other projects I could drop it in but everything's for sale

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Although I'm not currently looking for anything for my Aspen wagon, I am sure that many of us here on the forum appreciate your offering parts /parts car here. These cars are becoming increasingly difficult to find. Far too many people simply crush anything more than a few years old anymore. So, thanks! By the way, pictures would help greatly.

Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Cool! The '80's F's are really starting to appeal to me where as I never thought much of them previously. I have never owned an '80 though. I suspect this is a pretty unusual in it's R/T version. I hope somebody makes good on it!

Reaction score
It's a really rare car I can't specify to the number of "Road Runner" variants of the Voltaire but I believe it was under 500 sold. As far as Aspen R/T from what I've read somewhere between 245 and 285 were produced and sold for the '80 model year. I mean it's a really rare cool car but the frame is way too far gone for me to restore it I just don't have that kind of money to throw at it unless someone on here is interested in it as a complete parts car or even for some parts the engine, tranny and rear end are coming out and the rest is getting scrapped which is really too bad because all the glass in the car is good and the interior is in pretty good shape I mean heck even the radio still works and you'd think with under 300 sold new someone somewhere would really be looking for the parts

Reaction score
$800 Engine compression is good highest cylinder was 120 lowest was 117 from the information I could find the compression was good, anything below 100 or with a difference of 15 psi or more would be cause for concern and obviously that's not the case. tranny shifts good and the rear ends tight. Mechanically this car is in good shape and I know if I took the engine tranny and rear end out I could sell on the list for at least $800 then scrap the rest for maybe like $150 so I mean I've got $800 into it I'm not going to loose money on it but if I can help someone out I'll break even on it let me know if you or anyone else is interested in the car because I'm probably going to take the engine and tranny out this weekend and once the powertrain is out its not going to be sitting in my garage for long

jbuhr

Reaction score
I am interested in the shift linkage - everything outside of the passenger compartment down to the transmission including the brackets on the transmission and frame rail. Give me a price if you're going to part it out. Thanks.

SlantSixSullivan

Reaction score
I'd be interested in the rear diff, tranny, and driveshaft.
Assuming
A) you're willing to part with half the drivetrain
B) The rear diff is the same as an 80 M body Diplomat and
C) if you live close enough

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd be interested in the rear diff, tranny, and driveshaft.
Assuming . . . B) The rear diff is the same as an 80 M body Diplomat . . .
All FMJ differentials interchange – except for the early 7¼” – which had a 2½” tube diameter.
The late ‘70’s 7¼” (until '89) have a 3” tube diameter as do all 8¼” differentials.

If you have an early 7¼” (with 2½” tube diameter) you will also need all four metal ISO-Clamp parts to get it to fit.

Also, the propeller shaft length if changing between a 7¼” to 8¼”.

I would guess this R/T has a high chance of having the 7¼” differential.
BudW

SlantSixSullivan

Reaction score
All FMJ differentials interchange – except for the early 7¼” – which had a 2½” tube diameter.
The late ‘70’s 7¼” have a 3” tube diameter as do all 8¼” differentials.

If you have an early 7¼” (with 2½” tube diameter) you will also need all four metal ISO-Clamp parts to get it to fit.

Also, the propeller shaft length if changing between a 7¼” to 8¼”.

I would guess this R/T has a high chance of having the 7¼” differential.
BudW

Thanks. I was assuming it would have the 8 1/4. I am replacing a broken 7 1/4, so I want to upgrade.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
G&K Automotive Fab: forum rules - need to have a price attached to the ad.
If car was 1400 miles closer (and priced right) I might take it. Appears to be a nice car.

SlantSixSullivan: You never know sometimes. It doesn't hurt to look (or have someone look for you). A decent picture taken from rear or from behind rear tire looking direction of diff cover, usually will tell a person (or post here and I can tell ya).
BudW

jer

Reaction score
I would guess it's gone. Last post from him was a month ago.
Darn. Day late, have the dollar in my pocket. Sent him a pm, but no word. My '80 had been sitting in the barn since '11 and figured I'd redo it this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back