1982 Chrysler Cordobe with 318-4BBL V8

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been looking at all possible sources for a windshield for my 1982 Dodge Mirada. I have searched on Miradas (very few out there) and Cordobas of the same year (1980-1983). My Mirada is a 318-2BBL, and I know some of the early Mirada CMX models had 360-4BBLs. I have read where California J Body models had 318-4BBL engines. I have recently located an Alberta Car with a 318-4BBL, and would like to know if this is a Canadian only model, and specification for this engine. I am assuming that it would be fairly close to the California models (160HP or so), but would also like to know if there would be a lean-Burn system in it. Any information/insight/opinion would be welcome.

Kostas

mirada80

Reaction score
I don't know of any source for the windshield, I know how hard and expensive it is to find one and have it shipped. Several years ago I had found a windshield for my '55 Chrysler, shipped it from New Jersey to Maine, and I drove down there from NB to get it, wasn't overly expensive until it crossed the border.
My understanding is that the 318-4bbl was avaliable in Canada and only in California. I parted out an '81 Cordoba LS with T-Tops and a 318-4bb about 15 years ago.
There would have been a lean burn system in it from the factory, but many were converted to the older electronic ignition, a fairly easy swap, I've done a few over the years, few problems than the lean burn.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Mirada80:

Thanks for the information. I am going back and forth with the seller; he hasn't been able to confirm if the the windshield is cracked or not. He's supposed to go look at it and get back to me, but hasn't yet. The car is pretty interesting in and of itself, being a T-Top model, and has buckets and console unlike my Mirada (60/40 Split bench with column shift). If the Cordoba's interior were blue, I'd be on it like white on rice, but it is red, which doesn't work with my Blue/Blue Mirada. Aside from that, according to seller, it has a string running 318-4V/BBL and a good tranny, and the engine and transmission have 105K KM on them, my Mirada has 207K KM. IF the price is right, I may end up buying it anyway, and swap in the 318-4V and tranny into the Mirada. It is hard to say now, but the Cordoba may even have a Sure-Grip in it, which I can also use.

Only source for an un-cracked windshield is an actual glass distributor in the US, who can have one made for me, but its going to get very expensive ($700 for Windshield, $155 for shipping to Idaho, and $25 crating fee). I am hoping to get something cheaper, but I am having a really hard time locating one. There are a couple of wreckers in Ontario who say they have used windshields, but they do not ship.

Kostas

Kostas

Back