1982 Cordoba rear fender extensions?

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
They don't have to be flexible. I don't think the stock plastic ones were that flexible. How would you make it out of aluminum?

Fendercover1.jpg

Fendercover2.jpg
Sand cast mold then pour molten aluminum in them...someone could very easily make a sand cast mold of yours..

ramenth

Reaction score
Sand cast mold then pour molten aluminum in them...someone could very easily make a sand cast mold of yours..

It would be better if someone could donate a pair of good used or NOS. Remember, these don't fit that great. Any molding off these would fit just as poorly or worse.

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Hey while you guys are talking about this, see if you can get the upper door sill mouldings made too! You know the ones that always crack by the lock button.
I tried to have these made out of cast aluminum but the aluminum shrinks upon cooling in the mold.

JGC403

Reaction score
So they don't fit at all. Its going to take a lot of work to make them fit. So I'll post pictures as I work on it.

Yellowdart69

Reaction score
I've got an '82 Cordoba, that I've had since new, and the only "ify" area,is the rear panel. I've seen those adds for the replacement panels and wondered about ordering them. You've given me my answer, thank you. I'll stay with the originals.

miradacmx

Reaction score
Someone was making aluminum ones years back. I think they made a set for themselves...have been looking for his info since!.

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
I would like him to update his progress and show us some pics of the before and after...I hope he comes back and shares some info...:coffee2:

JGC403

Reaction score
I would like him to update his progress and show us some pics of the before and after...I hope he comes back and shares some info...:coffee2:

Slowly been working on them. Just got back to work, and I have been disassembling the Barracuda. I'll take some pictures of what we have done so far this weekend.

Yellowdart69

Reaction score
I noticed the centre section, in your photo. How does it fit/look? Do you know if it can be purchased on it's own? Thanks.

JGC403

Reaction score
The passenger side one fits a little better than the driverside one. We had to build up driverside one so it was long enough. Here is a crappy cell phone picture but you can see how we built it up. The passengerside one didn't have to be built up as much.

I'll have more pictures next weekend.

fenderextensions.jpg

Rallyerick

Reaction score
Fender Extensions

Yeah...got a set for my '83 Mirada. At first, I was glad to see that at least they were available. Pretty much like everyone else, they were not what I expected. They were not trimmed well and really fit like @#$^. I called them and was told by a very polite woman that the boss was in the hospital and I would need to call back when he came back to work. I asked when that would be and she said that when this happened the last time, it was several weeks. I figure, that I'll put a few layers of 'glass over the seams and go from there. I haven't seen the full rear panel from VHT? in the flesh, so I am a bit skeptical to try them out.

Any suggestions?:walk:

Mopar&vettedude

Reaction score
I have a '83 cordoba, and also had a nice set of rear fender extensions until the passenger side shattered on me. outside of replica plastic which i found out isnt the greatest, what's the best option for replacing them?

Ollywood

Reaction score
Hey while you guys are talking about this, see if you can get the upper door sill mouldings made too! You know the ones that always crack by the lock button.
I tried to have these made out of cast aluminum but the aluminum shrinks upon cooling in the mold.

If your talking the trim piece on the top of the door panel. Ever thought of gluing the broken pieces and having them wrapped in vinyl to match the interior.

I did that on my CMX and they look great.

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
If your talking the trim piece on the top of the door panel. Ever thought of gluing the broken pieces and having them wrapped in vinyl to match the interior.

I did that on my CMX and they look great.

I got NOS upper door sill mouldings, new in the box, cracked.

We need carbon fiber rear quarter panel extensions and carbon fiber upper door sill mouldings. LOL

Ollywood

Reaction score
I got NOS upper door sill mouldings, new in the box, cracked.

We need carbon fiber rear quarter panel extensions and carbon fiber upper door sill mouldings. LOL

That's crazy!! Where did you buy the NOS pieces from?

Yea and carbon fiber hood too lol

I need 1/4 extension for my CMX and I dunno where I'm gonna get them at. Last thing I wanna do is spend good $$$ on junk lol

Ollywood

Reaction score
This is why I bitch about guys using F,M, J's as derby cars.
Where are those parts now?

Any Mopar as far as that goes. how many Imperials, NYers, wagons got destroyed and still are. I've seen some sites with guys still running Imperials in Derbys. Makes me cringe.

Years back I was @ a Monster Truck event at the Pontiac Silverdome. Their were a few guys running Gremlins in the Derby. After the show walked through the pits and found a Gremlin X grille for 10.00. Grille was mint. Makes me wonder what the car was like before the derby.

The F bodys built in Hamtramack. J and M bodys built here in Windsor. As well as the 75-79 B bodys. Their use to be alot of them cars around here. Now its rare to see one unless you know where one is or someone who has one.

Back