1982 Cordoba rear fender extensions?

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Any Mopar as far as that goes. how many Imperials, NYers, wagons got destroyed and still are. I've seen some sites with guys still running Imperials in Derbys. Makes me cringe.

Years back I was @ a Monster Truck event at the Pontiac Silverdome. Their were a few guys running Gremlins in the Derby. After the show walked through the pits and found a Gremlin X grille for 10.00. Grille was mint. Makes me wonder what the car was like before the derby.

The F bodys built in Hamtramack. J and M bodys built here in Windsor. As well as the 75-79 B bodys. Their use to be alot of them cars around here. Now its rare to see one unless you know where one is or someone who has one.

If they're not wrecking them at the derby,
They're crushing them at the boneyard.
Wonder why it's getting so hard to find parts.

CMX360

Reaction score
I can't speak for everyone but I save/sell most parts from Chryslers I derby. I know guys who derby 60's Imps and they spend 1,500-2,500 a car plus whatever they spend rebuilding the engines and trans. As long as there are people willing to spend that kind of money on a derby car there isn't much hope for the ratty unrestored American dinosaurs out there. However its rare that a truely nice savable car gets wrecked. In all the years I've been driving and spectating at derbies in the New England area I've only seen maybe 5 truely good cars go to waste. The two that really come to mind was a 50K 79 Diplomat coupe 225 that some dipshit kid got from his grandfather as his first car and didn't like it, and a 80's Chevy Monte Calro that was mint but didn't have a title.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I've been to the derby a few times and it does look like it would be a lot of fun to trash a car. My only problem with trashing old Mopar's is basket case or not even things like door handles, side marker lights, bumper fillers, etc. are becoming really hard to find and I just don't agree with trashing them.
You could easily have just as much fun wrecking a honda or a hyundai. I know they're not as heavy or last as long, but you could still have your fun and save the parts that we're all gonna need eventually.
Just a thought.

mikeceli

Reaction score
Yeah...got a set for my '83 Mirada. . They were not trimmed well and really fit like @#$^. I called them and was told by a very polite woman that the boss was in the hospital and I would need to call back when he came back to work. I asked when that would be and she said that when this happened the last time, it was several weeks. .

Any suggestions?:walk:

Often when someone OWES MONEY, or CAN'T DELIVER, the "H" word comes up! Hospital.

Total BS, IMO. I suppose the company can't make a sale and COLLECT MONEY, while he is in the HOSPITAL?

MagnumMaster

Reaction score
I got one (for testing) of the front extensions for my 81 Doba. Very poor quality. I'll be working on these to fit for some time I suppose if i don't break it first. :(

Sure would like to find a set of original ones.

JGC403

Reaction score
Sorry haven't had much time to work on them.

Cordoba1

Reaction score
I bought an LS some time back, and the rear extentions were rotting away. They guy gave me a set of the after-market ones, and I sent them with the car to be painted. The body guy refused to use them because they would have needed so much re-work. Instead, he just fixed the rotten ones with fiberglass. It ended up working out great, he did a super job. If you have this rotten-extention problem and they aren't too far gone, having a good body man fix them with glass may be the way to go.

MagnumMaster

Reaction score
If you have this rotten-extention problem and they aren't too far gone, having a good body man fix them with glass may be the way to go.

I've considered doing this myself. Mine are starting to crack and get brittler (is this a word?)

I got the left front one on, I guess it fit better than I expected, but using the original backing is out of the question. I just bolted it on the fender w/o it. Needs adjusted some but I was just glad to get it mounted

IM002477.jpg

rsrls

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, has anyone used these since 2012? did they get any better?

jasperjacko

Reaction score
It's not that easy. you must scan an original while mounted on the car or installed on an accurate jig of some kind.

volare 77

Reaction score
That`s seems to be the main issue with getting good reproductions. No good used or NOS ones seem to out there. Maybe a cut off end section of a used fender would make a good jig.

Mopar&vettedude

Reaction score
I bought the rear extension for the doba back in 15'. I had to do some cutting to make them work. They fit alright, but could be better. The fiberglass is a little too thin for my liking and there's too many high spots where the resin rested basically. For a fit and finish on a summer cruiser, im ok with it. If it was a show car or full resto, I'd consider taking the time to make them look nicer.

Billy007

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but here is my story. Had my Mirada taken apart for a restore and the good looking rear end fell apart in his hands, brittle. We tried in vain for new stuff, no go, so my body man spent hours fixing what we had. Staples, like a hundred in each one, then they were ground down and he fiber glassed them. They look terrific
100_2304.JPG

DSC01588.JPG

Back