SOLD 1982 Dodge Rampage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoCar340

Reaction score
If it still has the wacky rubber isolator/adapter between the carb and intake, I would almost bet that's 90% of any carburetion issues. Both regular Mopar and MP used to offer a really nice solid-aluminum replacement but as far as I know it's been discontinued for years. I had one on my '86 Charger and even had a spare one "just in case" for several years, but Lord knows what happened to that one. As was often the case, the MP part was less expensive than the Mopar piece.

The design of the induction system does not allow the carb to be bolted straight to the intake. :eusa_doh: Just posting this as what may be helpful information regarding the carb issues, either for you or a potential buyer. It looks like a nice little ride.

E-Ticket

Reaction score
If it still has the wacky rubber isolator/adapter between the carb and intake, I would almost bet that's 90% of any carburetion issues. Both regular Mopar and MP used to offer a really nice solid-aluminum replacement but as far as I know it's been discontinued for years. I had one on my '86 Charger and even had a spare one "just in case" for several years, but Lord knows what happened to that one. As was often the case, the MP part was less expensive than the Mopar piece.

The design of the induction system does not allow the carb to be bolted straight to the intake. :eusa_doh: Just posting this as what may be helpful information regarding the carb issues, either for you or a potential buyer. It looks like a nice little ride.

Thanks for the info. From what I can see....it does have a goofy looking isolator still in place and it could very well be deteriorating like you are thinking. I know where a factory NOS isolator is and am considering, buying it but talking to a Weber carb. enthusiast guy today, we both agreed that the Holley should be scrapped for a Weber but the new Weber's made today are pretty much junk made in China and making a good one from a new one may take more than 2 or 3 carbs. or take a decent used one, have all the moving parts machined and bushed so that they work like they were originally intended to?

We also talked about taking as many of the carb. to spacer gaskets as it takes, stack them up to duplicate the thickness of the isolator/spacer and use the stack of gaskets in place of the isolator. It would take something with high engine temp. spray gasket like the Permatex brand to spray each side of the gaskets, stack them up and compress them until they dry and use the stack of gaskets as an alternative spacer.

NoCar340

Reaction score
Well, stacking the gaskets will only get you so far... the bolt pattern at the manifold is not the same as the one at the carb. That spacer is also a carb adapter. Personally, I had really good luck with the Holley on my Charger, but then again that was 16 years ago when the carb was only 12 years old. Still, by the time I blew the transaxle out of it, the car had nearly 200,000 miles on it and still ran the original carb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back