1982 Mirada Grille

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a question regarding the grille slats on a 1982 Mirada. The slats are 5 horizontal pieces that go horizontally across the opening for the radiator. From all I have seen, they are supposed to be body coloured, with a thin chrome strip. My 1982 has them in black, and when I posted pictures of the car, I was told that they are supposed to be chrome, so I have started to look for the chrome strips.

I just ran into this (picture below) while doing a country kijiji wide search for Dodge Miradas. The body color on this car is the same as mine (nightwatch blue, colour code SC9), and it too has black strips in the grille slats. When I talked to the person selling the car (no interest in the car, just wanted to ask about he grille slats and strips), he said that they were delivered like this, and he is the original owner. Does anybody know if this is correct, were the black strips options, or did they come standard with certain body colours? The car I just found on Kijiji is on the top, my own car is on the bottom.

Kostas

View attachment 3481View attachment 3482

Dodge Mirada Front.JPG

mirada.JPG

Last edited:
Back