1983 SRT-8 Dodge Mirada - parts & advice needed - PLEASE HELP!

radarvectors

Reaction score
Hello all

I am brand new to THIS forum, have been a Mopar guy my whole life, used to own a 1983 Chrysler Imperial (back in the day) but aside from the project that I've been working on for the last several years ( https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/SRT-8-Dodge-Mirada/183925705026531 )- I am not much of a J-body expert at all. BTW - please, no haters.. I know this project is not for everyone, but the owner is happy as a clam & that is all that matters to me.

I am in the process of converting this manual window, manual lock car over to all power so that I can use the Charger switches to control it & the key fob to lock/unlock it. The new car motors turn in a reverse direction so in order to use them, I would have to mount them on the outside (interior side) of the door to get proper orientation - a little intrusive, possibly not a big deal & maybe not out of the question because the Charger 6x9 mid bass door speaker will stick out about that far anyway & that portion of the door panel will have to be thicker anyway... however, I think it would be much nicer if I could just replace the manual window regulators with the factory power regulators & just wire the motors into the Charger system. The locks shouldn't be that big of a deal to convert - but if I can find all of the parts from the same source, I'd be interested in doing that instead.

if anyone has any ideas that would help I would appreciate it! Please post here or send me an email at shcc@aol.com

Thanks~!

John

Wylde1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. :hello:

I've been following your car on facebook for a few months now. Your car is awesome! :icon_super: That is quite the build indeed. Haters? I doubt you will find any here. What's not to love about it?

There are several guys on here parting these cars out. Someone should be able to help with the parts. Good luck and keep us posted. :thumbsup:

Wylde1.

efriedrich

Reaction score
That car is impressive, welcome to the site. Power windows are availiable from the aftermarket, just a thought.

Last edited:

radarvectors

Reaction score
actually, the aftermarket would be my first choice - but I have not been able to find anything but a generic "universal fit" system - that might not work well in a J-body.. do you have any knowledge on a company that makes a kit for these cars?

radarvectors

Reaction score
Disregard - I just watched a youtube video that shows the "universal" aftermarket kit that operates the manual window regulator - looks simple & I think I'll go with that... I was thinking that I'd have to replace the whole regulator (deal with geometry & all that) this is much easier... thanks for the help!

Back