2 barrel efi

Duke5A

Reaction score
I'm running a Sniper on my big block - love it. Don't know why you'd kneecap yourself with the 2bbl model though. It only supports 350 HP. Might seem like a lot, but a stock stroke 360 can hit that with ease. Even if you're looking to put it on a slant six I would still get a 4bbl manifold for it. If you're going to spend $1200 either way for the 2bbl or the 4bbl, get the one that will support more power later on.

picklesgarage

Reaction score
ya the price seems to defeat the idea to use this over a four barrel unit. more of the bolt on idea with the advantages of efi. would be kneecapping if looking for hp even in stock form i would think. only reason i would think is looking for fuel eco and easy of starting/operating. was more curious if anyone had tried it

Duke5A

Reaction score
ya the price seems to defeat the idea to use this over a four barrel unit. more of the bolt on idea with the advantages of efi. would be kneecapping if looking for hp even in stock form i would think. only reason i would think is looking for fuel eco and easy of starting/operating. was more curious if anyone had tried it

You can find 4bbl manifolds for $100 all day. Not an issue.

The fuel system is the pain in the ass. If you're serious about going EFI I can walk you through all the headaches I to contend with adapting a factory tank.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Holley Sniper EFI 550-851K Holley Sniper EFI 2300 Self-Tuning Master Kit - Classic Gold Finish is for a different bolt pattern than what the Carter BBD (318) or Holley 2280/6280 bolt pattern.

If you get an adapter – you can get it to work – but the adapters are typically ¾ to 1” thick which can cause problems in of itself (sometimes).
This FI setup would fit on a 360/383/400 2-bbl without any problems.

The Holley EFI BBD for Jeep CJ Holley Sniper EFI 550-858 Holley Sniper EFI BBD for Jeep CJ or 2GC (small bore) Holley Sniper EFI 550-866K Holley Sniper EFI 2GC Small Bore Master Kit - Classic Gold Finish would directly bolt onto the intake manifold – but you would have to find a way to make linkage work. In the case of the Jeep version, you might even have an issue with fuel line routing – maybe. I have looked at both quite seriously – but the modifications to linkage (and fuel lines) made me rethink it.

In my case – I want car to look as stock as possible – so no one might think it was injected and the three different Sniper versions mentioned just doesn't get there for me. Plus I want the system(s) to carry over to my big blocks. I've settled for the 4-bbl appearing version - but not sure which brand - yet.
BudW

Back