360 Timing Marks

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Ok I am having trouble working out the timing marks on my 360, are the marks the heavy line under the number or are they at the number. See my attached pic, is it A or B I suspect A.

Thanks
Bruce

timimg marks.jpg

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I finally got my 360 fired up! Seems I got caught on the oldest trick in the book, you live and learn eh. I could not get the car to start, checked the timing, check the firing order, it would fire, cough and send some big fire balls out the carb, my friend came over a mopar guy for all his life and he checked it all and couldn’t work it out, he said must be a vacuum leak some where, so we looked and looked and couldn’t find one. Then he said I know what it is, take the carb off, and bingo he said yes we got it!! I said what was wrong, he said that edelbrock performer is a spread bore intake, that spacer you have is a square bore and your carb is a square bore, out of my spare parts bin I pulled what I thought was an alloy space, he said you idiot that’s not a spacer that’s a spread bore to square bore adapter, bolted it on and bom she was away! Seems to be leaking out the 90 degree adapter and I have an exhaust leak somewhere to sort, so making progress, you live and learn, will never get caught on that again!

Thanks
Bruce

Back