SOLD 4 BBL SB Intake Manifold

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoCar340

Reaction score
It's a drag car, so the throttle-pressure linkage won't be required. Remove throttle valve, reinstall it backward, and go racin'. Definitely not something you'd want to do on the street.

dch-65

Reaction score
It's a drag car, so the throttle-pressure linkage won't be required. Remove throttle valve, reinstall it backward, and go racin'. Definitely not something you'd want to do on the street.

I have a little more info on the intake. I appears the top intake 3830945 AL or 3830945 L is an intake from cop cars in the mid 70's. With all the interest in these cars I'm hoping someone has some parts tucked away in their spare parts pile.
The regular intake 3830945 from what I can find was available on all 75 through 77 360 4bbl cars.
I have found an 080 intake at a local bone yard.

Thanks for taking the time to look
Dave

NoCar340

Reaction score
If the one you get has the EGR standpipe in it, remove it with a socket and install a socket-head pipe plug (allen or square drive). The standpipe impedes air/fuel flow, which is why you don't want to use a pipe plug with a standard raised hex (or raised square) drive.

dch-65

Reaction score
If the one you get has the EGR standpipe in it, remove it with a socket and install a socket-head pipe plug (allen or square drive). The standpipe impedes air/fuel flow, which is why you don't want to use a pipe plug with a standard raised hex (or raised square) drive.

Thanks please keep the tech info coming. I am super excited about this project. I want to take my time to get as many of the right parts as possible and assemble as much information to get it right. Maybe you could make one more suggestion. I have contacted Bullet Cam & Comp Cam about blueprinting a cam to factory specs . To date I have not got any response. I talked to people in both tech departments and they asked me to forward all the cam info to them. Is there another cam manufacture that might be able to grind a Pure Stock cam?
Thanks
Dave

NoCar340

Reaction score
Just about any manufacturer will grind you a custom "stock" cam if you have the original specs. Perhaps try Cam Motion or Howard's Cams. Both do custom cams, and both are familiar with designing for the advantage of the Mopar lifter. I have a Howard's Cam for one of the engines I'm building; I haven't decided yet whether it's going in the 340 or the 360.

dch-65

Reaction score
Just about any manufacturer will grind you a custom "stock" cam if you have the original specs. Perhaps try Cam Motion or Howard's Cams. Both do custom cams, and both are familiar with designing for the advantage of the Mopar lifter. I have a Howard's Cam for one of the engines I'm building; I haven't decided yet whether it's going in the 340 or the 360.

Thanks again. I will contact both on Monday.
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back