413 in a 88 Gran Fury

XfbodyX

Reaction score
On this one I did paint the top satin black and lightly fogged the rest and although not oem it dont jump out too bad. But its a simple 2 inch core al. and works like a champ. I wish they made a right/left outlet wp for a small block.

NO issues so far on this one and it was like 130 to the door and a direct fit in the car with the oem shroud. All al, no plastic.

DSC00044.JPG

Last edited:

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I got an aluminum radiator for my Ford project, it is a direct bolt in but as others have said I can't stand the look of the radiator. Basically it's the top tank I don't care for so I'm thinking about a bolt on upper cover like some of the GMs did back in the day. I'm planning on using a clutch fan and shroud but I haven't decided on an aluminum shroud or fiberglass painted black. If I go fiberglass I will paint the top cover if I do aluminum I will polish it. I am undecided about all the aluminum on the small block it might be painted as well.
If I make a fiberglass shroud I will document it and post it here it works slick as I've done a few before.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
In my opinion, $130 (US) is not a really good price.
This unit appears to be 100% welded so leaks shouldn’t ever appear. Being aluminum and 2” (5 cm) thick, it should do an outstanding job cooling the engine.

That is one very nice-looking F you have there!
I wouldn’t have loose car parts anywhere close to that paint if it was mine.
BudW

Back