Cam/rod/main bearings w/anti friction coating as well
Lunati Voodoo 60434 solid roller cam w/anti friction coated bearing journals
*NEW* MRL Solid Roller Lifters w/oil thru
Stage 2 MRL Ported RPM heads w/chamber mods
ARP head/main studs
Mr Gasket MLS head gaskets w/Lifetime Guarantee never to leak
Lunati Tool Steel retainer w/Lunati springs/locks/seals
Crower 3/8 pushrods
PRW Stainless steel roller rockers w/anti friction coated shafts and oil grooves
Milodon oil pan/pick-up
Throw back chrome MP valve covers
Holley Ultra HP 750 carb
Accel plugs/wires/separators
Pro Gear timing set w/tensionerWow what a freaking little power house.

This 418 made 500tq+ from 3000-5800rpm maxing out at 548TQ from 4300-4500rpm

HP was 559hp at 5800-5900rpm It made 500hp+ from 4800 on up. Damn! Im proud of this one.

DSC00541.jpg

Rob M dyno graph sm.jpg

Rob M dyno sheet sm.jpg

efriedrich

Reaction score
This guy ball parked me 6k for a stock rebuild on a 360 a few months ago, that was 2 to 3 times higher than what several other well known shops quoted me and that was reusing stock everything (rods, crank, heads, intake, valve covers, oil pan, ect.) thats why I said 12k, figured this bad boy had to be twice as much.

MRL Performance

Reaction score
This build was $9500. The customer supplied some of the parts.

I dont remember quoting a "stock rebuild" for $6k. But good machine work alone to recondition a block, rods, crank and heads is $1000 or more if done right. Plus all the labor to clean all the used parts(can get time consuming) and parts to make it complete. I dont take my builds lightly, they all get the quality and attention to detail no matter what they are for, but a true "stock" rebuild would be around $3500-$4000 depending on options. But it would not be stock in any way shape or form in terms of performance.

If you want, email me the quote I sent you and Ill look it over because it sure does not sound right to me.

Mroldart2u

Reaction score
MRL, just a wild out of the blue question, for a real nostalgic look, did you ever think to try a six-pack set up on this build? That might be a hoot to play with and give a few of the "pseudo purists" something to think about... I know the manifolds are going to flow way differently but still leaves the question.... Great looking "Little Engine That CAN"...
Oh how I wish I could afford one for my Volare...

MRL Performance

Reaction score
This is what the customer wanted. I dont have any 6 packs sitting around to run, hell I havnt sold a 6 pack in 10 years. They are so over the top price wise, most guys dont want to swallow the $2000+ price tag for intake and carbs.

Maybe some day Ill get another nightmare to tune, uuhhh I mean 6 pack LOL but not likley.

Mroldart2u

Reaction score
This is what the customer wanted. I dont have any 6 packs sitting around to run, hell I havnt sold a 6 pack in 10 years.

Understand that, and it IS a customer's engine.... I end up drinking my 6 packs and not selling them... :nike:

They are so over the top price wise, most guys dont want to swallow the $2000+ price tag for intake and carbs.

Your right, think there is a complete set-up here for sale for about that, aircleaner to manifold.

Maybe some day Ill get another nightmare to tune, uuhhh I mean 6 pack LOL but not likley.

Yeah thats the truth... I've only messed with 2-4's and thats bad enough..... Especially sitting on an overcammed tunnel rammed sbf.... (a cleveland) If you were to guess would the 6 pack help or would the outcome be close to the same? RPM wise would the power move up or down? Have a good day.. thanks for the response.

MRL Performance

Reaction score
Over the RPM I think it would shift the torque band up a little. A well tunned 6 pack will run very strong, more so with good aftermarket carbs. The stock ones are a bit lacking and very pricey. On this engine, I would have run 500's all around.

Back