440 In an F Article

Bill Park

Reaction score
I have a 79 Road Runner that the original owner put a 440 into. It has power steering and a brake booster from a 1988 D150 things are tight but it works he has reworked the headers around the steering box and I feel that it interrupts flow. I have been told by Rick at National Moparts that there is a set of headers available. I have asked him to confirm and price them

Duke5A

Reaction score
I have a 79 Road Runner that the original owner put a 440 into. It has power steering and a brake booster from a 1988 D150 things are tight but it works he has reworked the headers around the steering box and I feel that it interrupts flow. I have been told by Rick at National Moparts that there is a set of headers available. I have asked him to confirm and price them

What size are the primary tubes and what size outlets? Freiburger proved you can ding the hell out of a set and not impact power.

Duke5A

Reaction score
Interesting were was this report?

It was on an episode of Engine Masters. Used to be on YouTube before the corporate owner took Motor Trend behind a paywall.

Found it:

This is why I asked what the dimensions are for the headers you have currently. 1 5/8" primary tubes are good for about 450 HP.

Back