/6 to V8 in an F Body

CM360

Reaction score
Anything simpler than the Schumacher kit?

My imp

Reaction score
I have everything you need. Eng, trans, drive shaft, rear end, crossmember, plus whatever odds & ends you might need to finish the project. Leave the steering & suspension attached when you do the swap & you'll end up with the biggest sway bar as well!

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Those mounts are waaaaaay easier than changing the k-member.

My imp

Reaction score
I'm going to throw in my 2 cents now. Use the V8 crossmember. While you have it out, you can clean, repair (if needed, check for cracks in x-member), rebuild the steering, suspension, brakes, & whatever else it needs before you paint it pretty, mount the eng/trans on the crossmember & raise the crossmember into the car, or, lower the car onto the crossmember as it's done at the factory. If you can set things up like that, that's the way to go. Check out Jasperjacko's thread on his Modoba. He & the lads really put a nice ride together. There are plenty of people on this site to help you over the rough spots. My credo is to "Do it once, do it right, & weld the hood closed!" the last part is for effect, but you get the general idea.

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
yup I would swap k-frames also. that way while its out, you can go over some of the factory welds and where they didn't weld to add some strength to it, then you can also toss in a set of aluminum iso pucks to get rid of the old deteriorated and spongy rubber ones

My imp

Reaction score
YessireeBob, if you're going to do it, do it right.you know my credo. Always remember; good things are not cheap, & cheap things are not good. Use quality parts on your vehicle. That way you'll be happier with the results. Because next you'll want to put in a big block, & you'll have all the work done & ready to go. Slather a coat of POR 15 on everything, because it lasts a really long time, & looks kick arse! Good luck, Larry

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
yup I would swap k-frames also. that way while its out, you can go over some of the factory welds and where they didn't weld to add some strength to it, then you can also toss in a set of aluminum iso pucks to get rid of the old deteriorated and spongy rubber ones

X2 on the aluminum iso pucks

Back