700r4transmission

johnnyspeed

Reaction score
I know it's not the correct manufacturer but has any one put a 700r4 in these cars. It seems to be smaller and looks like less work than the a500.®

Aspen500

Reaction score
No personal experience but I've seen adapter kits to mate a 700R4 to a Mopar small block (downside is $$$$$$). They will fit without floor modifications that are needed with the A500 because the O/D portion they basically added to the rear of an A904 is so big. Sort of a bonus, unlike the A500 which the ECM controls O/D and TCC (at least up to '96), the 700R4 only uses electronic control for the TCC and O/D is purely mechanical.

johnnyspeed

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, when my 904 gives up or I get tired of paying high prices for gas. I'm going to concider one. They are lower priced alternatives.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I swear I've seen adapters that are more non-race oriented and the plate is much smaller so it's basically an open the box and bolt it in type of thing.

Aspen500

Reaction score
There is this option also. As for price, when Keisler had it before they got bought by Silver Sport, it was like $3,000 roughly (IIRC). There is no kit specifically for an F/M/J body but most of the pieces would be the same as A body. More or less a bolt in but as I said, probably not for the faint of wallet. You know,,,,,,,,people like me, lol.

Articles - TREMEC TKO, TREMEC Magnum & SST A41 Conversion Kits for 1964-1976 Mopar A-Body: Dart, Valiant, Barracuda, Duster, Demon, & Scamp

Click on the A41 tab on the web page.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I have seen and have considered a turbo 400 for my big block Volare, there is a 400 case for the BB mopar , no adapter. I'm now having trouble finding it. The benfit of the 400 over the torque flight is it is far less explosive. It's also more forgiving also.
The downside is its about 5k for trans and converter.

Back