imjW21iA_t.jpg
PNVoyUVk_t.jpg
wERHc5Kf_t.jpg
XcjaowzA_t.jpg
46yRMb6q_t.jpg
Ta6tSxyR_t.jpg

MartyB

Reaction score
It really is. Almost makes me wish I were into F bodies the way I am into Ms and Js...

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
This car, according to the website, has a 3.0L engine and a 4-speed overdrive automatic transmission (hum, scratching my hairy chain).
Screenshot 2021-02-26 184438.png

I wonder what happened to the original 3.7L or its transmission?
BudW

MartyB

Reaction score
Yeah. Second time this week I've seen a dealer misidentify a Torqueflite and powerplant (they called a 318 a Big Block). You'd think if you were in the business, you'd take a minute for accuracy. Hmm. Here's that other ad; it's for a Dippy coupe:
Droid Autos Company

Sub03

Reaction score
This car, according to the website, has a 3.0L engine and a 4-speed overdrive automatic transmission (hum, scratching my hairy chain).
View attachment 42319

I wonder what happened to the original 3.7L or its transmission?
BudW

Apparently it has front wheel drive too... :eek:

Yellowdart69

Reaction score
These ads don't go for accuracy. On the red Diplomat - the one with hydraulic mirrors, I can't tell if it has a red, or black, vinyl top.One side looks black, the other , red.

SuicideRider

Reaction score
I like that steering wheel. Wonder if a wheel like that would fit an 86 dippy column?
Otherwise that add is hunky, black top, red top, blackwalls, white letters, plus the terribly inaccurate description.

MartyB

Reaction score
I'm thinking the "red top/black top" phenomenon is a result of playing with image editing software applied to some pix but not others. If that is correct, this marks it as a fundamentally dishonest characterization of the car. Not even remotely interested in it, as much as I like boat tails.

MartyB

Reaction score
You know, I even emailed both sellers to politely tell them about the inaccuracies, and neither ad has changed. I'm a registered nurse. I work hard to keep my skills and knowledge base up. When I make mistakes, I try to learn from them. I like to think if I were in car sales, that accurate descriptions for the product were important to me. Kinda keeps these guys from my shopping list no matter what they sell for no matter how much.

Back