79 aspen 4 sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

furyfrank

Reaction score
That is why I live in Az almost all cars are rust free and underneath you can turn bolts without a blowtorch. I have found some nice ones here and tried to sell them for a decent price but everyone complained about shipping but would spend hours and money repairing a rust bucket.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
That is why I live in Az almost all cars are rust free and underneath you can turn bolts without a blowtorch. I have found some nice ones here and tried to sell them for a decent price but everyone complained about shipping but would spend hours and money repairing a rust bucket.

Realistically though Frank. For a guy like me up here it would cost me more to ship a car up here than it would for me to fix a rust bucket myself that i got locally

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
that wagon is a beauty

It's very cool.
But it does need a fair amount of bodywork.

Crrrrrruuuunnnnnch......

20151017_102905.jpg

20151017_102905.jpg

80mirada

Reaction score
If there is an emotional attachment (family car, always wanted one, etc) the price is secondary. I have a friend who is doing a full rotisserie concourse restoration on a 1981 Mirada. He figures it will be close to $20,000 when it is done. The owner doesn't care, he has wanted one since he was a kid and is willing to pay, even though he knows it will be a $6000 car when it is done.

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
but what if you budget is say 5k ,,what do you do then ??? pay $1000 for a car that needs tons of work and hope you can get it done for the remaining $4000(takes a year or more to get the parts and do the work )
OR
pay $3500 -$5000 for one already done ?? drive it today
the answer is obvious,,if your looking to get into an f body your pockets arnt fat to begin with most likely...not always the case like in mine ,ha ha ha
anyways im not here to convince anyone of there preference ,its just what i would do ,,do as you will mopar brothers and sisters ,,,and if your needing parts for that restoration ,,to bad were restoring them all ,theirs no doner cars left ,lmao!!

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
I'd rather toss $1000 at mechanical work than $1000 at rust work.

Then if you rolled up the carpet in a F and start hitting it with a screwdriver, you will NOT be happy on a good day.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
but what if you budget is say 5k ,,what do you do then ??? pay $1000 for a car that needs tons of work and hope you can get it done for the remaining $4000(takes a year or more to get the parts and do the work )
OR
pay $3500 -$5000 for one already done ?? drive it today
the answer is obvious,,if your looking to get into an f body your pockets arnt fat to begin with most likely...not always the case like in mine ,ha ha ha
anyways im not here to convince anyone of there preference ,its just what i would do ,,do as you will mopar brothers and sisters ,,,and if your needing parts for that restoration ,,to bad were restoring them all ,theirs no doner cars left ,lmao!!

But how do you buy that $3000-$5000 finished car unless somebody did the work first? How many pristine F bodies have you seen that weren't restored by somebody? I can pretty much guarantee that your car didn't look the way it does until somebody did the work on it. In other words. Some people do the work and then some people buy them. If doing the work isn't your thing and you'd rather have a turn key ride then that's fine. But somebody has to do the work first.

If everyone had the attitude that it's rusty so forget it there wouldn't be any to buy. Very very few anyway.

As far as budget goes. What budget? When I bought my Caravelle there was no limit. No ceiling. I just bought the car. I bought it for me not to sell it and because I like the car I'll just keep working on it regardless of whether I ever get my money back. I didn't buy it to sell it. I bought it to drive it and enjoy it. So budget is irrelevant to me. I'm not saying I'm going to blow a fortune. I'm doing the work so realistically it's time and sweat. Not exorbitant amounts of money.

Billy was pondering buying it as a project. Something he and his daughter could do together. She can learn and get a very cool ride when she's old enough to drive it and they can bond as a father and a daughter in the process. Sounds pretty win win to me. Then if she wants to move on to another car....well lo and behold....there's a car in good shape that someone who just wants to drive can buy. Now maybe that particular car is too much to take on at this time but the point is. It's a project. He didn't want to just buy his daughter a car. He wanted something they could work on together.

The point again is someone has to do the work or there's no car to buy. Some of us do and some of us buy. It's really that simple. So to write off a car because it has issues is something I personality don't see. But if you don't like putting in the time and sweat.....well then it's back to Craigslist I guess.

Me? I'll do the work thank you. Then when I'm done my time taking up oxygen my car will be there instead of being the fender on a toyota.

I'd rather toss $1000 at mechanical work than $1000 at rust work.

Then if you rolled up the carpet in a F and start hitting it with a screwdriver, you will NOT be happy on a good day.

Depends on the car for me. This wagon for example.
It needs work. But the mechanicals are all good. So do I pass on a 1977 2 fender tag fully loaded Volare Premier wagon because it's got some rust issues? Or do I fix it?

Short answer......pass the grinder. :idea1:

Last edited:

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
im just saying there are better projects to sink your teeth into that wont take as much time or money basically
thats not a father daughter project thats a total resto shop job ,,now if you have the space ,equipment needed and the skills to pull it off ,,well then its a whole new ballgame ,,buy it
but who does sadly??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back