81-83 imperial headliner and carpet

WildCat

Reaction score
The headliner in my 15,300 mile 1981 Imperial is sagging, so I wanted the correct material, color & pattern

Contacted SMS auto Fabrics in Canby, Or.

They have the exact match red headliner and carpet for the car

Some one was asking about the carpet, don't know if they have all colors, but they have the red.

My imp

Reaction score
Is it an exact match? Is it shag? Or is it Cordoba loop that fits? You can get headliner material at most fabric stores. It is the exact material. I haven't looked in a couple of years, but my Dad's next door neighbor is the district manager for Joanne Fabrics. When I talk to him, I'll find out how much per yard & let you know.

My imp

Reaction score
I checked the website, they only go up to 1978, & they don't list shag carpet. Did you talk to them personally?

kkritsilas

Reaction score
I have SMS fabric samples for my 1980 Mirada (blue interior). I contacted them directly, and got a sample pack back with 4 fabric samples, two of which were perfect replacements. The other two were close, but had a pattern in the fabric which did not match anytning in the car. Their web site didn't indicate that they had the correct fabric, but after the direct contact, they were able to send the matching samples. Their material is not cheap, running from $49 to $79/yard, but most cars won't need more than 3-4 yards for headliners or recovering of seats. Not as cheap as the fabric store stuff, but probably a lot closer to the factory material. I never checked into the carpeting, so I cannot comment there.

Kostas

My imp

Reaction score
Oh, carpet is what we're looking for. Imperials are the only of the 3J bodies that used the shag carpet. All the hep cats thought it the rage!

CMX360

Reaction score
I got my red Mirada carpet on ebay from Vark Motors. Color was oxblood. They gave me an uncut roll with it for my console as well for not much extra. Its got the sound deadening jute stuck to the back just like the factory carpet and the rubber piece for the drivers feet. Very nice.

Back