81 Diplomat coupe slant six rebuilt manual trans , Queens NY $ 800

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiral X

Reaction score
Contact seller
okay so I got into this project by accident and now i dont have the room for it anymore. I really dont want to scrap it it's way too clean. Im reposting some of the text from dippy.org where it was posted before.

From dippy -
Okay guys here goes. THis is my car. 49,000 miles give or take, I believe im the third owner. The last guy had it converted to a stick shift but hammed it up real bad. I bought it because it was in great shape and honestly, how many 2 dr manual trans Diplomats have you ever seen? I never even saw a 2 door at all until I saw this car!
I managed to blow up the trans on the fourth day I had it out and when we pulled it for a rebuild I got to see how much of a mess the conversion really was. I reinstalled the trans and left it like that, rather then put more time into fixing the conversion. I don't want to scrap the car but I need to get rid of it. Trust me, I would really rather do a V8 conversion on it.
So there you go. I have a bunch of pics from the car.

Some pics here :
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,72021.msg831968.html#msg831968

All new moog front end. New KYB shocks in the trunk. Recovered seat. redone trans. No rust, solid car. 49K on the odometer, it was a garage kept car until I got it ( I dont have a garage :( ). Im flexible on the price but I wont give it away for less than scrap. Trades welcome ! looking for a manual trans 4x4, welding gear, Pontiac Or mopar B body parts , toolbox........

You can pm me here i'll check back in a day or two. Thanks.

DSCF1795.jpg

DSCF1791.jpg

DSCF1792.jpg

DSCF1803.jpg

Spiral X

Reaction score
I was wondering why it looked so different from other diplomats ive seen.

slant6billy

Reaction score
So the trans still not fixed? does the car move under it's own power- like to drive up onto a trailer?

Spiral X

Reaction score
So the trans still not fixed? does the car move under it's own power- like to drive up onto a trailer?

It will move it just won't shift right unless the linkage and pedal situation is corrected. The trans was rebuilt.

Jduffy

Reaction score
Lol. I fixed the clutch issues. Some one recently told me the front end was from a fifth ave.

AMBO401

Reaction score
Hey I'm interested in the diplomat call me at 516-603-1984 my name is sean I'm on long island.. I've been looking for a slant 6 m body

Spiral X

Reaction score
Just a heads up the car is now gone. It belongs to member Jduffy. If anybody is interested in the car PM him, I know he is thinking of getting something different.

Jduffy

Reaction score
The car took a slight hit in the nose before Christmas I picked up a header panel, but have been having trouble finding a passenger fender. A list of items that have been replaced.
Alternator
Clutch
Rear shocks
Battery
Radio
Wiper motor and blades ( though there is a wiring prob with wipers)
I have a new stearing box for the car ,was not installed yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back