81 lebaron 4 door

Status
Not open for further replies.

furyfrank

Reaction score
I have a 81 lebaron which is very nice, it is a 4 door and I believe it is the medallion, This car is so original it is hard to believe. It has full power and no rust ( az car ) Had a few electrical problems but they are solved. Somebody was looking for one and I PM them but never got a response. I am asking $1400.00 for it but am a little flexable on price. The car is located in the Phoenix,Az area. Will help with shipping ( loading it ). PM me and we can talk. Also the car has a clear title.View attachment 5303View attachment 5304View attachment 5305View attachment 5306View attachment 5307View attachment 5308View attachment 5309also the pictures where taken today 3-14 2014 Also have the original owners manual
Thought I would refresh everyone on this car.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
It's too bad those seats were not patterned, as they came from the factory, when they were recovered.

Really???

Just a suggestion (recommendation).....
If you guys want to have a cage match over whether that interior is original or not please take it to PM's cause it's only going to get stupid here.
Ultimately Frank is selling a really nice car in very good condition for a very low asking price and nitpicking details like this can be done when you're standing in front of the car and Frank with money in your hand....right?

Let's all play nice okay?

Thank you.

72Dodge

Reaction score
For the price of the car, it could just have a milk crate for a seat as far as I'm concerned!

furyfrank

Reaction score
I have somebody interested in it from Africa. Will see what happens and at a higher price. Look at the pictures and I would prefer to sell it to someone in the USA but $$$$$ is $$$$$.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Africa??!!
Wow!! Gotta wonder what it would cost to ship it to there.
Make sure the money is in your hand first....

furyfrank

Reaction score
Africa??!!
Wow!! Gotta wonder what it would cost to ship it to there.
Make sure the money is in your hand first....

A few years ago I sold a 79 fifth ave to a guy in Australia and had the money transferred to my bank account ( a one time transaction ). Everything went smoothly will see what happens.

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
I hear about shipping costs, so I went and got a quote to ship the car from az to michigan. The cost was $ 750.00 which is not bad. So when people talk about shipping my advise is to get a quote before you say the cost is to high . This was only one quote from a reliable company.Also if you go to Moparts they have a tread about shipping.There are alot of ways to ship a car which are reasonable if you do your homework. I have sold and shipped a few cars over the years and with a little research have gotten some very good prices with reliable people.
Thats very cheap i ship forklifts all over the world and to get 1 from ontario canada to az is about $1600 so for $750 your rocking

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Thats very cheap i ship forklifts all over the world and to get 1 from ontario canada to az is about $1600 so for $750 your rocking

I wanted to buy a wagon from Saskatchewan and the trustworthy places I called quoted me around $1500. That's only two provinces (states) away.
So yeah.....$750 is a kiss.

furyfrank

Reaction score
I wanted to buy a wagon from Saskatchewan and the trustworthy places I called quoted me around $1500. That's only two provinces (states) away.
So yeah.....$750 is a kiss.
If you do your homework you can find a good deal, also the price of fuel is going way down now so the prices to ship should come down. Also you either get $750 or nothing the choice is theirs.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
If you do your homework you can find a good deal, also the price of fuel is going way down now so the prices to ship should come down. Also you either get $750 or nothing the choice is theirs.

The big problem is if you use " Bob's Haulage" you never know how or if the car is gonna show up ....there's a lot of hacks out there. If you're going through the exercise of getting a car shipped you want to use somebody reputable. Up here those people seem to all want the same general amount to do it.

furyfrank

Reaction score
The big problem is if you use " Bob's Haulage" you never know how or if the car is gonna show up ....there's a lot of hacks out there. If you're going through the exercise of getting a car shipped you want to use somebody reputable. Up here those people seem to all want the same general amount to do it.

First of all Canada is a whole different ballgame than the USA, I am sure we have a lot more interstates than you so the travel time is shorter and a lot more competitions is a lot greater. I did not go to a fly by night outfit but a good company. If I remember right shipping the car to Australia was about $2000 USD and that was a firm deal.

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
2 k to australia is cheap also ,,i import 20 ft cans from italy and that runs about $3500 per container about the same for one out of china $5500 for a 40 ft can

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
First of all Canada is a whole different ballgame than the USA, I am sure we have a lot more interstates than you so the travel time is shorter and a lot more competitions is a lot greater. I did not go to a fly by night outfit but a good company. If I remember right shipping the car to Australia was about $2000 USD and that was a firm deal.

Not saying you went fly by night....
Just saying that's the going rate for a reputable hauler up here.

furyfrank

Reaction score
I found out that the best way is to find a car hauler is one that is heading the way you want to go and has one or two open spots he needs to fill. Like I said I go to moparts and they have a section on shipping and they rate the people.

furyfrank

Reaction score
2 k to australia is cheap also ,,i import 20 ft cans from italy and that runs about $3500 per container about the same for one out of china $5500 for a 40 ft can
totally different shipping a car and the items you mention. Also how much merchandise are you loading in one of these containers.

furyfrank

Reaction score
Well the auctions are coming to town this month so I will list the car and maybe somebody in town will buy it and I will raise the price.

inmywj

Reaction score
Yeah, good-luck with that, but raising the price on a car that has been on the market for a long time, is not the smart choice.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Yeah, good-luck with that, but raising the price on a car that has been on the market for a long time, is not the smart choice.

I'm pretty sure he's raising the price when it goes into the auction that's coming to town not here. And why not?....a whole new crop of potential buyers. People normally go to the auction with the intent to buy something so why not slap something like $2000 which is still a fair asking price. Then if he wheels and deals and walks away with $1500 or more he's still doing better than if he had have sold it here....nothing wrong with that IMO....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back