85 diplomat low miles, indiana

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Unless you have seen both cars face to face, how would you know? His car is a LeBaron, yours is a Diplomat, for starters. From pictures alone, they are very very close (which is why I said you can only judge by looking at them face to face), and his is a higher end car.

Kostas

Last edited:

72Dodge

Reaction score
First of all, asking price isn't necessarily selling price. Second, location means a lot (seems like this has been said before), and third, I know which I'd rather have.

furyfrank

Reaction score
Just remember the Lebaron this body style was only built for 2years 80-81

S2010003.JPG

S2010001.JPG

Last edited:

72Dodge

Reaction score
True and its cool, but rareness has little if any impact on FMJ value. Still, true cool to have a lesser seen car. That is one potential good point.

furyfrank

Reaction score
Its too bad the roof is shot and whoever recovered the seats, did not follow the original patter from the factory.

First of all the roof is not shot and the seats are original. This car is original and has the rare factory tutone only offered for 1 or 2 years.

furyfrank

Reaction score
Sorry bud, those seats have been recovered. I know these cars very well and know the pattern very well.

Sorry bud but I have been dealing in these cars for over 40 yrs and these are original look at your car and compare they are almost the same.

furyfrank

Reaction score
Almost the same, but not. Sorry bud, they have been recovered. ;)

Let me tell you something a few years ago I had a original 81 lebaron 2 door and the seats where the same . But I guess you are the top dog on these cars and nobody else knows anything except you, which by the way I doubt. and besides you are asking way to much money for the car. I sold a beautiful original 87 5th ave for less.

Last edited:

inmywj

Reaction score
It's okay, its not a big deal. ;) So, the seats were recovered. I imagine the sun out there dries out the original velour to where it falls apart, kinda like the vinyl roof. You see a lot of that where the sun hits the tops of the seats, even up here in the north.

I never claimed to be the top dog and I saw your LeBaron coupe when it was for sale. The seats in that car had been recovered also. I remember how the fabric really did not match the rest of the interior.

Oh, you must be confused or dazed or something. I am not asking anything for my cars.

Last edited:

kkritsilas

Reaction score
No need. Pull out the sales brochure for the 1981 LeBaron and compare (BTW, my sales brochure looks the same as the 1981 that is up for sale). But I have bad eyes, and I am more of a J body guy. On the other hand, I would really like to see anybody make a cogent argument that contradicts the factory sales brochure.

The slight differences in the seats may be due to the 4 year difference between the cars, or that the LeBaron is a different model than the Diplomat, but what do I know.

Kostas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back