SOLD 90 Dodge Dakota Convertible with 99k original miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomguy

Reaction score
Contact seller
This particular truck was 1 of 909 convertibles built in 1990. It is two wheel drive model, red with grey bucket seats. The engine is a fuel injected 3.9L V6 mated to a 4 speed automatic column shifted transmission. This truck has the Sport package that includes the fender flares, tachometer, ground effects, fog lamps, and blacked out trim. This truck did not come equipped with cruise or air conditioning. But, with a convertible top the air conditioning isn't really needed anyways.

This truck has only 99,340 original miles and is still in decent shape for its age. I have owned this truck for two years now and it has been a great vehicle. This truck does not have any accidents, liens, and I do have the clean title in hand. So comes the great question, why I am selling this truck? Well, the reason why I'm selling this truck is because I need a more functional/larger vehicle and would like to help my wife with the purchase of a newer vehicle.

Since, I've owned this it has gone under an extensive mechanical and partial cosmetic restoration not including the work the prior owner(s) have done. The reason why I've had to do some of the work is due to the fact that the truck did sit around some and was not driven much hence, the low mileage. Now, that winter is over I have been driving the truck regularly and it a very dependable, reliable classic vehicle. I would be comfortable in driving this truck long distances and have done such in the past.
What is some of the items that have been replaced? Here is a list of things that have done to this truck:

1) All new brakes. New hard lines, hoses, calipers, pads, rotors, wheel bearings, axle seals, drum shoes, brake fluid, brake booster, brake sensors, brake switch, and emergency brake cable. Have the receipts for this work totaling well over $1500.

2) Compression test performed. All cylinders within specifications. The test came back at 160-170 psi for all cylinders on a fully warm engine.

3) The front suspension has been inspected and components replaced as necessary. A new steering rack with new seals, inner/outer tie rod ends, hoses, bushings, other hardware. Front recently lubricated. Sway bar bushings and end links replaced. Steering hoses replaced with Gates units. Truck has received a 4 wheel alignment as well.

4) Front and rear shocks with KYB units and new mounting hardware.

5) New hoses, belts, thermostat, EGR valve, new throttle body sensors, distributor restored with recent cap/rotor/sensor replacement, recent tune-up performed, valve cover gaskets replaced, and intake gaskets replaced. Oil changed to 10W30 semi-synthetic oil.

6) Transmission filter and fluid changed. Neoprene pan reusable gasket installed. Switched fluid to ATF +4 per factory recommendation. Transmission speed sensor replaced. Prior ownered rebuilt transmission and replaced converter per paperwork I have.

7) Rear differential inspected, fluid drained and updated. Fluid was changed to Amsoil Severe Gear with friction modifiers.

8) 2.5" Magnaflow catback exhaust was updated with a new catalytic converter and oxygen (O2) sensor replaced.

9) Fuel pump has been replaced along with the fuel injectors I replaced approximately two weeks ago. Some fuel lines/clamps have been replaced/updated.

10) New turn signal lenses and new tail lights installed. I used NOS Mopar units to replace the original ones. New Bosch fog lights installed and converted to LED bulbs for durability. Refurbished the instrument cluster.

11) Prior owner installed a new top and installed newer tires.

12) Just installed a soft bed cover approximately two weeks ago.

13) Prior owner installed a Pioneer CD player with iPod input. Pioneer front door speakers and Rockford Fosgate rear speakers, subwoofer, and amplifier were also installed. I do have the factory cassette player if you do desire.

As I said prior the truck runs drives, stops, great. Everything works, including the fog lamps. The only thing the truck needs is some cosmetic work to make it a show truck. The bad about the truck has some paint fade on the hood and wiper cowl which is typical of these Chrysler era vehicles. The passenger door does have some minor rust at the very bottom and the driver's side rocker has a 6" area that is behind the bottom trim. Other than that the truck is solid and rust free. I would describe this truck as a nice 10 or 20 footer. Everything is here on this rare truck as far as the convertible components are concerned. I do have some extra rare hard to find parts that can go with the truck at additional cost. I do have the factory type wheels/center caps, cassette player, decals, fog lamp covers if you so desire. The reserve is set low for the condition/mileage of this vehicle.

I am asking $5500 or best offer. Thank you for your interest.

IMG_0999.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back