adding oil pressure gauge to 318 edel intake.

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
i found a oil pressure gauge i had on the shelf its a mechanical sunpro and when i looked where the valiant had its mounted the aspen has i think a oil pressure switch?

i want to keep the switch or whatever it is im wondering is thats the only spot on a performer with egr for the switch?or can i make a "T" outta brass so it comes up T's for the switch then on top mount the gauge is that possible or been done?
i dont wanna jus have a spare wire hanging.

thanks and happy halloween

lowbudget

Reaction score
On my Aspen w/a slant I just teed the line. I used a brass close nipple and a brass tee. This allowed me to keep my idiot light. I used the tee sideways with the up tube going to the idiot light and the straight out the back tube for gauge. _ _i_

Last edited:

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
sweet thanks awnsers one question now if anyone knows edel intakes what size i need out of the intake then a trip to the hardware store.

also wondering if u get air in ur gauge line will it give a inacurate reading? the valiant never has a full line of oil its always has gaps between the oil

Last edited:

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Its 1/8 NPT but it shouldnt come from the intake manifold, it comes from the block next to the distributor on small blocks. Ive never bleed or purged the line, air is ok.

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
my bad first glance said intake im corrected. thank you do u think its a good idea to put a new switch in from napa or clean and put old one back on do they have moving parts or diaphrams?

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Put a new switch in!!

I have had several leak after playing with them, nothing like 60psi of oil being blown out....... Talk about a crop duster... LOL

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
got it in today after some running around and $13.50 in brass . i mounted it underdash area i didnt wanna ruin original stuff so i had to make "one" aftermarket hole in her .

heres a pic of my brass log and gauge i beleive its a older gauge fits a retro look forsure.
S7301381 (640x480).jpg

S7301380 (640x480).jpg

S7301381 (640x480).jpg

S7301380 (640x480).jpg

Back