Anybody have pics of the rear sway bar installed

Slodoba

Reaction score
Got a cop car rear sway bar I want to install on my Cordoba but don’t know how to install it anybody have and pics? Thanks.

Ele115

Reaction score
Got a cop car rear sway bar I want to install on my Cordoba but don’t know how to install it anybody have and pics? Thanks.

I have a couple B body cop cars I can get a pic later tonight

LSM360

Reaction score
Curious, did you have to get some axle plates as well, for the links? Here's a pic of my M body Police car. The bar mounts over the diff not under like B body but just curious about additional parts you needed to get to mount the bar.
EndLinkMbody.JPG

Duke5A

Reaction score
Here is a bunch of random photos taken over the years. The bar attaches to the frame rails, then swings down to attach to the axle via the end links.

20190331_160310.jpg

20180512_173816.jpg

20180507_220726.jpg

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Seeing the pics is getting me anxious to get it done on mine. Slowly getting there, I bought a powder coater so the rear suspension brackets and pieces are first up to try it out on.

Ele115

Reaction score
There's supposed to be resonators, they are long gone. My 440 Wagon never had them, I think it's because of the sharp bends in the tailpipes where they have to come out by the sides instead of under the bumper.

Ele115

Reaction score
Curious, did you have to get some axle plates as well, for the links? Here's a pic of my M body Police car. The bar mounts over the diff not under like B body but just curious about additional parts you needed to get to mount the bar.View attachment 40792

I think the Volare was using a similar set up as of 79 or 80, but I could be wong

Ele115

Reaction score
I've never noticed any tangible difference with sway bars. I have removed them from a number of cars for various reasons and noticed no difference whatsoever. I suppose they are a way of raising the price of the car a tiny bit because you are paying for a "handling package". If you were taking 8-G turns every day on your way to work, maybe you would say to yourself. "man, that sway bar is really nice to have down there"......but I can't say as I've felt a difference yet and I've been driving for a very long time in a lot of cars.

Duke5A

Reaction score
I've never noticed any tangible difference with sway bars. I have removed them from a number of cars for various reasons and noticed no difference whatsoever. I suppose they are a way of raising the price of the car a tiny bit because you are paying for a "handling package". If you were taking 8-G turns every day on your way to work, maybe you would say to yourself. "man, that sway bar is really nice to have down there"......but I can't say as I've felt a difference yet and I've been driving for a very long time in a lot of cars.

Honestly, that says more about your driving style than anything else. The body roll on these cars with just the factory 1 1/8" bar up front is terrible. If you can't feel the night and day difference between a matching set of cop bars and a single non-fleet model up front you're not doing any kind of even halfway spirited driving.

Back