Anyone built a 3 or 4 link?

Zerotact

Reaction score
HI all,
I have a mirada that came with an already narrowed rear end allowing 10.5 tires to tuck into the wheel wells. I was curious as to if anyone had gone expreme enough to 3 or 4 link their cars. I just cant help but think technology has evloved enough into a better design than the sacked out rear leaf springs that came on the car.

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
I got a Mirada with a ford 9", 4.56 spool, 4 link and am running Goodyear 33X17 slicks on 15" rims.

I didnt do the fab work, I bought it this way.

What kind of 60' times are you running? And what engine, HP/Tq numbers?

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
I got a Mirada with a ford 9", 4.56 spool, 4 link and am running Goodyear 33X17 slicks on 15" rims.

I didnt do the fab work, I bought it this way.

What kind of 60' times are you running? And what engine, HP/Tq numbers?

Got a pic of the 4 link?

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Standard 4 link with coil overs and pan hard bar. 17X33 slicks on a 15" rim.

IMG_2318[1].jpg

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Some questionable welds and fabrication! Mainly the lower front mount of the lower trailing arm. The attatchment point has been butt welded to lower the point of attachment.

IMG_2316[1].jpg

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Some of you know that I bought this car as a rolling chassis. I plan on installing a 360 stroked to 387ci and running an 8-71 blower with a shot of N20.

IMG_2319[1].jpg

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Awesome wheelie! What is the weight of your car?

The back halfed car will tip the scales at 3800 pounds too. These things are heavy. The 8-71 blower setup will add over 100 pounds to the front end. I want to convert to struts or coil overs. And set the engine back around 8 inches.

If you notice the back halfed car has a white conv top while the other Mirada has a black conv top. Same style hood scoop like brother and sister.

Last edited:

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
B+M 174 blower with a NOS Cheater system. I ran 6PSI of boost and upto a 150 shot of spray, anything more than that and the rotors would stall. The 6 rib blower belt wold slip.

the mullet monster.jpg

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
I'm guessing the white top car I'd fully caged?

And since were on the subject of superchargers/prochargers, how do you like the procharger in your ram? Looks like a 5.7? Thinking about getting a procharger for my 99 ram after I get the 390 Stroker built

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
That car is fully caged, previous owner went hi 8's in quarter mile.

The ProCharger is great for the Ram, as its a 2wd truck with a crazy 180" wheelbase. The centrifugal superchargers take time to build boost and in the Ram, this helps with off the line traction as there is no weight over the rear end. Roots superchargers make instant power, usually resulting in instant tire spin.

Last edited:

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
Ultimately I'd like to get a roots style blower for my ram but the only company (kenne bell) quit making em for the magnum small blocks, but I can still get a procharger for it

Zerotact

Reaction score
Wow I have let work get away from me its been a while and the car still sits. I picked this car up un finished, so I don't know of any times or numbers. It currently has a solid cam 360 that's never moved the car, it had about 8 heat cycles on the dyno it came in at 408HP... I have also been working on mounting some wildwood 4 piston calipers on 11 3/4 B body front rotors.

Back