Aspen 225 exhaust system question.

PursuitSpecial

Reaction score
My exhaust system is about shot, anybody know of a system kit available?
I repaired mine with some cheap stuff I found on Amazon. As long as you can salvage some of your pipe, like the tailpipe and the part coming off behind the catalyst at the manifold like mine, usually those parts don't rust out as fast as the muffler and cat and pipe immediately around it, the fix is pretty easy. I bought one of the screw type pipe expanders, many feet of regular steel 2 inch OD pipe to match the stock pipe, and a new thrush turbo muffler. I used as much of the old pipe as I could that was still good and stood up to the punch test, hit it with a center punch and hammer and if it perforates or warps then it's rusted out. I don't have a pipe bender, so what I did was cut v notches out of the new pipe in the direction you want to bend it, leaving some metal on the edge to keep the pipe together while you bend it to the desired angle and weld it up with a mig welder if you have one. Not the proper way to do it but if you lay enough weld down it'll be leak free. The u bolt clamps and hangers were in rough shape so I replaced most of them. I was able to repair my system for a little over $100, if your pipes are all bad and rusty or you don't have a welder or bender it might be more cost effective to just take it to a muffler shop.

PSX_20240224_020849.jpg

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Muffler and tail pipe are readily available. The rest is hit and miss. It should be pretty quick to get made up with no y pipe to deal with.

Back