b body 4 sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

alf44

Reaction score
Contact seller
a bit of topic, but in my town in southern MN, there is a 78 b body real magnum BIG BLOCK 400, factory made. i have personally seen and heard this car run. some surface rust, most trim removed but comes with car as does a 2nd hood, vynil top removed by a past owner. last time the seller told me to make a offer, last price he gave me was 2 grand. after personally seeing and hearing car, i know its worth the price. if i had that cash she would be mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alf44

Reaction score
i can try to get a few pics of her, hope owner dont mind though ill tell him its for a hopefull buyer

rumblefish360

Reaction score
I have owned 2 '79 Magnum's. 1 was a 360, the other I swapped in a 400 P code drive train.
The cars have 3 different things about them that the other older B bodies do not have.

ISO suspension. Front and rear. Rear can be changed over to the older system, no problem, not so with the front, BUT, you can get solid bushings for it.

Different and longer T-bars. PST makes bars. Maybe others by now. IDK for sure.

At the trans mount, there are 2 cross member like bars. 1 for the trans.

Otherwise, these cars are excellent drivers, ditch the lean burn for sure, re-equip the engine with a carb and vacuum advance distributor.

Electrical problems can be a royal pain. I'm going to re-do my '79 with a aftermarket wiring harrnass. (SP!) Head light door motors are a pain to find, but the same unit was also used on the FMJ cars with head light doors. Should yours not be rebuild able.

they ride great, accept normal engine mods, tyranny up grades are only hampered by the LU trannys, IIRC, the 400 doesn't have a LU trans, but I could be wrong.

You can stuff the rear with MONGO wide tires. (Front as well.)

Go for it. A 2 year run car with under 120,000 units made is going to be a rare find and unique car. Be prep'd for it being called a "Cordoba" way to often.

65 Dartman

Reaction score
A friend of mine has the sister car to the Magnum - a 79 Cordoba 360 auto, T Tops, leather interior. It could be mine except I really don't have the room (or time to mess with it)

Eastyorker

Reaction score
There is a B-body Charger down the street from me. Original owner 400/TF from '78. Been sitting in his driveway for decades. MoparEnvy convinced him to save it so the guy put it up on jackstands. Still sitting outside just a little higher now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back