FOR SALE Big-block 4-speed bellhousing

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoCar340

Reaction score
Contact seller
I have an original aluminum B/RB/Hemi bellhousing as used 1970-'74 on B and E-bodies. I'm pretty sure I listed this in the past but I'm trying it again. If you want a big-block 4-speed FMJ car, this is the bell you need. My original plan for the Imperial was to go 440/4-speed so I hung onto this for several years until those plans changed rather radically. I no longer need it and I need the space.
The casting number is 2892513 and it was cleaned and beadblasted several years ago. All the threads are in good condition--I put Heli-Coils in the transmission bolt holes as a strength upgrade, which I do with most aluminum parts. It's a perfectly-functioning bellhousing. However, there is a small piece missing in the starter mounting area. It was like that when I got it and I can only assume it was dropped at one point. There is no other damage to the housing and it's perfectly straight. The missing piece does not weaken the bellhousing in any way, it's a cosmetic problem only. The small crack coming from the missing area is an easy fix for your local fabrication/radiator/welding shop (the local welding place quoted me $25 to drill-stop and weld it). If the missing bit really bothers you that much, a piece could be cut out of a less-expensive aluminum bellhousing--even a Slant Six, three-speed, or truck unit--and welded in place. They're all shaped similarly in that area since they all use the same starter.
This is the bellhousing only. I do not have the shift fork, pivot, inspection cover or dust boot.
I'm asking $150 OBO plus shipping. Too many Canadians 'round here to post a shipped price. :( I can't imagine it would cost more than $20 or so to the continental US since it's very light. I will consider a trade for a small-block V8 overdrive bellhousing (keep your shift fork, you'll need it). Keep in mind, this bellhousing without the missing chunk is a very expensive item. I got $475+shipping for the last undamaged one I sold.

100_0745.JPG

100_0746.JPG

100_0748.JPG

NoCar340

Reaction score
This is what the area looks like on an undamaged (and much more expensive) bellhousing:

100_0750.JPG

100_0749.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back