Bogging on hard acceleration

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I can not picture any carb kit companies out there selling kits with the wrong cups in them.
It ls like shooting your own foot (so to speak).

I would install what ever color cup that came in the kits.
BudW

lowbudget

Reaction score
Yup the cup rolled. My buddy says that they just do that sometimes. Mine probably had 20,000 miles on it when it rolled. It wasn't put together fast or wrong as I did it. It just happens. I figured that's what happened as it through me for a loop when mine did it.

shadango

Reaction score
I can not picture any carb kit companies out there selling kits with the wrong cups in them.
It ls like shooting your own foot (so to speak).

I would install what ever color cup that came in the kits.
BudW
I would think the same thing too, but then stranger things have happened...LOL

shadango

Reaction score
Yup the cup rolled. My buddy says that they just do that sometimes. Mine probably had 20,000 miles on it when it rolled. It wasn't put together fast or wrong as I did it. It just happens. I figured that's what happened as it through me for a loop when mine did it.

Hopefully not gonna happen often. But at least it is relatively easy to address.

My son will be at college and wont have a garage to work in etc...so whatever goes wrong will have to be fixable in a parking lot....LOL

I will bet he is the only 1980 Volare in the lot!

volare 77

Reaction score
Who knows the quality of the kit that was used. So much stuff made today isn`t very good as we all know. I honestly have more trust in a NOS 30-40 year old part over this stuff made today.

Last edited:
Back