bremer or anyone else heres a tuffy

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
i was messing with the connector for my gauge cluster the plugs on each side that are pressed on the prongs on the circut board where can i get new ones of those prongs mine are wobley and that it the solution to my fuel and temp gauge not working .either that or does anyone have a good curcit board i can buy that the prongs are good and works correctly. i was thinking if they make a electric glue i could try to but them back in any opions or sellers would be appreicated.

joeblo

Reaction score
Get a new board, should be cheap and there are plenty out there. Or solder the prongs to stiffen them up. If you don't want to do it your self you could take it to someone who repairs electronics, probablly be cheap to have done. Glue could insulate and cause a poor connection. good luck

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Heat up the pins with a soldering gun and apply some new solder...Mopar did the same pin connection to the printed circuit board for a long long time...they are easy to break a solder connection when plugged on or taken off

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
changed the coil yesterday to a accel super stock chrome and i moved it from the top of the manifold to the pass side fender ande usde one hole for the ecm and drilled 1 so i didnt have to drill more holes then needed....one question the noise suppressor on the coil can those since my coil went out after 35yrs go out? and if so any1 have a place to get one and a part number maybe idk if there special volt or something i need to get or does accel make one i should get for the super stock lemme know.

thanks ffmjbo

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
changed the coil yesterday to a accel super stock chrome and i moved it from the top of the manifold to the pass side fender ande usde one hole for the ecm and drilled 1 so i didnt have to drill more holes then needed....one question the noise suppressor on the coil can those since my coil went out after 35yrs go out? and if so any1 have a place to get one and a part number maybe idk if there special volt or something i need to get or does accel make one i should get for the super stock lemme know.

thanks ffmjbo
What? and if you mean that capacitor that used to run to the positive of the coil? dump it in the trash....Eric

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
no new one? cuz i get noise through my sterio
That Accel coil and crappy spark plug wires can give you noise over your stero..you need a good set of spiral wound spark plug wires if you don't have any...somewhere I have the part number for the capacitor that goes on the positive side of the coil...same type animal is on my voltage regulator also...

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
if the part doesnt hurt to have on and can only do good and its original ill go buy the $5 part napa havem or where to get a decent one? i have decent usa made cables silcone carol cables 7mm but im gonna change the cables soon anyways its getting time but it seems the noise in my old sanyo tape deck cd sterio never goes away

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
also i was looking at a new icm where should i go?i know i need a 5 prong but i want something reliable rockauto ones anygood

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Noise on your radio...go to a good car audio place and see what they have to fix it..there is some kind of in-line capacitor they put on the power .....ECU unit mopar performance...Summit...Jegs....Mancini Racing and so on..

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
not ecu that brings up a computer the ignition control module the black and gold thing mounted on the pass side fender. ill check out the sterio place but i alrdy have a inline filter and it doesnt help and made no diffrence all they do is restrict the current. since its only with the radio stations on im alsothinking cus this worked on my valiant a new antenna idk why but i changed it and static stoped.

Last edited:

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
so today i cruised a little bit and then i stoped did some painting detail work for a couple hrs and went to take her out and she wouldnt fire for some reason i checked for spark by pulling a wire from the plug and touching it to metal and cranking the car no spark ( i think i did it right correct me if im wrong)i made sure it was getting plenty of fuel yes ,checked a few things making sure they where hot + on the coil was hot a wire at the elec ign box was hot ,so i then started pulling plugs out and lookin atem didnt see anything weird so i started just pulling and repluging and then tryed to start her bam started right up whats going on this sucks.was thinking since its going now i would just maybe clean all the prongs on elec components or should i just leavem alone now that its working . please help what would cause this with the info ive given (granted while i was working on the car , doors and trunk was open maybe running the battery down) but its weird it started right up after unpluging and plug back in

Reaction score
I had an intermittent gremlin in my 87 Diplomat a short time after I eliminated the lean burn system. I couldn't figure it out so I replaced parts, coil, wires, plugs, ecu and the problem kept coming back. It turned out to be the pick up in the distributor. Gregg.

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
I had an intermittent gremlin in my 87 Diplomat a short time after I eliminated the lean burn system. I couldn't figure it out so I replaced parts, coil, wires, plugs, ecu and the problem kept coming back. It turned out to be the pick up in the distributor. Gregg.
I burned up a pick up in a new Summit distributor the very first run on my Aspen after putting the motor back in.

Back