Broken under dash manifold for vacuum lines - 88 5th

8v-of-fury

Reaction score
Hi all! So the climate control has been wonky for years, some modes don't select. Never bothered to look in to it, cause I just used the modes that did work lol.

Anyway. Upon checking out my windshield wiper issue, I noticed that the rubber/plastic manifold for the vacuum lines was broken at two lines. I moved it a hair and they all crumbled haha.

I have an idea for a fix, each line individually to its respective port. However I have no idea what colour goes where now. Anyone got a good 360* picture of that junction??

Thanks!

20200303_152330.jpg

Duke5A

Reaction score
I had to contend with this years ago on my 87. Ended up cutting the connector out and using vacuum line to splice it all. Can't find the diagram though. Someone here has it for sure.

8v-of-fury

Reaction score
Also any idea what those two connectors flapping in the wind are for as well?? Stock stereo that is long gone maybe??

Aspen500

Reaction score
The 2 loose connectors are most likely for something the car never had. Just glancing at the black one and it's wire colors, I'd guess it has something to do with the dome lights, or maybe a map light, etc...

There's a drawing of what color goes where in this thread.
HVAC under-dash vacuum lines question

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
My ’86 Fifth Ave has a radio amplifier button on the trim under the steering wheel (the one that is removed for your picture). I think it is a 4-wire connector (would need to look) like your black connector. The amplifier itself is located under the dash pad in middle of dash (where the single speaker (low end radio) goes). I don’t think the radio amplifier was an option for ‘88’s

The two-wire gray connector – I’m not sure. I would need to find and look in an ’88 FSM (Factory Service Manual) to find out – which I don’t have. It looks like the wire that goes to the lamp by the ignition key on my ’97 Dodge pickup (which uses a different style column).

If you use the link that Aspen500 provided then scroll up to post #2, it will mention colors.

I guess I need to do a detailed write up for this topic.
BudW

Back