Car covers

shadango

Reaction score
So what car covers are y'all using for your cars that have to live outside?

We bought a Coverite cover from Pep Boys some 9 years ago (braded as a "premiumtech" but made by Coverite).....

it works well, and is MOSTLY used inside......

Went to look for the same cover and premium tech is out of business, as is coverite....or at least you cannot seem to buy them anywhere...I figured out that they appear to have made the Barret-Jackson line of covers , but that line is ALSO not available anywhere...

Only one site seems to offer them, "carcoverusa.com" and they are charging a premium.....and the site just seems "off" to me.....

Turns out that as soon as I started searching for "car covers" on google I now get ads for all sorts of companies....Empire is one, but they seem to have very mixed reviews.

I was hoping to spend about $150 tops.....We paid $110 for the one we bought 9 years back and it did well. Again, only used for 5 months of the year, inside, and then a few weeks outside in rain.

I need somethin that will stand up to snow as well as rain and wind...be breathable and as waterproof as can be expected, with a fleece inside.

Lots of chinese copies out there......I am stymied.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Hate to say it, but you'll probably have to spend a bit more to get a good outdoor cover. I've got a cover for my car but it's stored indoors always so it's an indoor only cover. Got it from Griot's Garage about 10-12 years ago and it is top notch quality and fits like a glove, however, even an indoor cover was around $220 or so.:(

LSM360

Reaction score
I had a Covercraft California Cover several years ago. It was their best one (I forgot model but it was $500). The Florida sun took it's toll, but it gave me a good 5 years or so. The sharp corners of the front of our cars will eventually cut into them as the wind gets underneath the cover and moves it around, so I always folded towels and laid them on top of the two front corners and the hood ornament got one too.

shadango

Reaction score
I kept looking and finally was able to find and pick up the same coverite cover I had gotten years back.....will see how it fairs outside.

As I mentioned, I had used it outside on the cuda several times in the snow and rain and it has held up ok.....of course this is a lot more winter and rain exposure outside....I guess we will see.

For $110 each, I figured what the heck and got two.

I used some of that high density packing foam and made a sleeve out of it for the hood ornament.

If I remember I will report back after the winter crap leaves.

Magnum Aspen

Reaction score
I have one from covercraft. It was not cheap, but stood up to a few years of outdoor use. The cover is still useable, but the car is stored indoors now.

Back