Car Of The Month Submissions: F Body Survivors

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Just like it says folks.
Let's see those survivors.
Obviously work that needed to be done to keep them going is acceptable as are whatever wheels you slapped on that hard working beast of yours.

Post them up and let's see that beautiful old iron you saved.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Well I'll throw my hat in the ring for this round.

My 1980 Plymouth Volare 2 door coupe.
I'm the second owner. The car was bought new by the previous owner at Willison Chrysler in Toronto, Canada. Hence the Canadian speedometer.

Other than the odd blemish here and there and totally torched paint this thing is in incredible shape for a Canadian F body.

Other than the usual sun baked cracked dash and cooked headrests the interior is pretty damn nice. The frames floor pans and everything underneath is damn near immaculate.

Complete with the mighty Super Six. I couldn't turn this thing down.

downloadfile-5.jpg
downloadfile-6.jpg
downloadfile-8.jpg
20151017_141128-1.jpg
20151017_122149-1.jpg
downloadfile-7.jpg

martabo

Reaction score
my new to me, and first F body:
IMG_20160521_164814390_low res.jpg
78k mile aspen wagon. 318 auto ps ac car. havent really had it long enough to get more pics of it clean, besides this one.

soon to be not so much survivor as fixed with upgrades :D

volareandgtcat

Reaction score
For your viewing pleasure 1980 Volare ... A little dusty .. no use washing till the farmer out back finishes planting ...
upload_2016-5-23_8-23-32.jpeg

upload_2016-5-23_8-24-6.jpeg

upload_2016-5-23_8-25-7.jpeg

upload_2016-5-23_8-25-46.jpeg

My tower of power
photo%201.JPG

I'm the 2nd owner of this beauty and now it's a daily driver ..

old yellow 78

Reaction score
late oct - early nov 2014 005.jpg
late oct - early nov 2014 008.jpg
late oct - early nov 2014 004.jpg
late oct - early nov 2014 001.jpg
late oct - early nov 2014 010.jpg
late oct - early nov 2014 002.jpg
Old Yellow (OY) is a survivor from the high desert near Pueblo CO. I bought it sight unseen, flew out, and drove it home (2000 miles) with almost no problem at all. It is a '78 base Aspen with Super Six and 4 speed, manual steering, no air, factory CB/AM transceiver with power antenna. A rust free, 27K mile (now just over 30K) survivor bought new at Canon City CO by an elderly woman who owned it until she passed in 2009. I have much of the original paperwork and even the original CB microphone and dash clip was still in the glovebox. This wagon narrowly escaped being turned into a "drag car" by the original owners grandson who made a YT video of it sitting in a storage lot after the original owner passed away . Fate played a large part in me getting this wagon as I had been looking for one for years, then just happened to see this one on EB for sale out west in the same small town near Pueblo CO where a friend of mine had amazingly moved to a few years before. I called my friend and he actually knew the man selling it, so I got his number, made a deal quick and he pulled it off of EB for me and it was mine! In the few years that I have had it, I have put a set of factory Road Wheels on it, and have the entire Special Edition butterscotch plaid interior in fantastic shape out of a parts wagon to install to replace the cigarette burned original vinyl seats. It has a lazy life now sitting safely in my Pennsylvania garage out of the Colorado sun and going to local car shows and nowhere in particular.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I gotta go do some cleaning then get some pictures made.

My publicist will be furious (wait, I don’t have a publicist).

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I was thinking when you said:
I'll leave it open till the weekend.
I had a bit more time. I will try to get some pics tonight - for I hadn't had a chance to get any clean photos, yet.

Edit:
I forgot to mention that our government (in the US) is forcing us, against our will, to suffer by making us take three (3) days off this weekend.

When will the torment end . . . ?
(Well, for me, it will be at 5pm tonight, then back to work Saturday for six hours - on day one of the above mentioned three day weekend).

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I was thinking when you said:
I had a bit more time. I will try to get some pics tonight - for I hadn't had a chance to get any clean photos, yet.

Edit:
I forgot to mention that our government (in the US) is forcing us, against our will, to suffer by making us take three (3) days off this weekend.

When will the torment end . . . ?
(Well, for me, it will be at 5pm tonight, then back to work Saturday for six hours - on day one of the above mentioned three day weekend).

No worries.
I'll wait till Sunday night to start the voting

wvdodgemirada

Reaction score
Great rides thus far. I always enjoy survivor cars, ill spend more time looking at a survivor then one that's fully restored.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
‘77 Volare wagon

http://www.forfmjbodiesonly.com/classicmopar/threads/first-time-entering-into-a-car-show.5250/
mentions this is the first vehicle I’ve owned worthy of being entered into a car show and having a snowballs chance of winning anything.

Purchased off of eBay last August and shipped from New York sight unseen. I’m the third owner and if I was to guess, this car has been kept in a garage most of its life. Odometer just turned 37k miles last week.
The only thing not original on car (that I can see) is maintenance items (spark plug wires, etc.), ballast resistor, belts and hoses (both of which were original but were leaking/frayed and beyond useful life), wheels and muffler.
The wheels will be changed back (I don't like these) and muffler changed to a much quieter one.

The car does have its share of dings and a couple of minor rust poke through - but all in all, a nice survivor.

I have not waxed the car (previous owner(s) did), nor have I applied any cleaners to car at all. The only thing I have done to car for these pictures is give it a wash and dust/vacuum the interior.
20160528_170752.jpg
20160528_170905.jpg
20160528_170836.jpg
The tag number looks a like the size of the big block I'm building in garage.
20160528_171142.jpg

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Additional pictures
20160528_171501.jpg
Look at the VIN sticker. Hard to find one you can actually read.
20160528_171235.jpg
20160528_171011.jpg
All photos were taken on Saturday May 28, 2016.
BudW

martabo

Reaction score
heres a few ammendments to my first "only" pic from earlier. i got to scrub a little this week, and fixed some trim to look better than the moldy dirt dobber nest that it was before ;)

aspen front small.jpg
aspen front three quarter small.jpg
aspen tail light pass side small.jpg
aspen tail light pass side perspective small.jpg

Back