Carlisle 2020???

shadango

Reaction score
The forums (this and others) seem to be oddly quiet about the upcoming Chryslers at Carlisle event

Is the consensus that due to the social distancing BS there will BE no show this year?

Carlisle Productions still has it as "on".....at least last time I checked......

Aspen500

Reaction score
This so called "social distancing" (I hate that term) had BETTER be done with by then. It's July 10th-12th, correct???

droptop

Reaction score
This is copied from Moparts and written by Ed Bruzinski, (not sure of spelling) who is the Carlisle's Chrysler show coordinator. He posted this on 5-8-20.

Perhaps I should make a standalone Carlisle post on here, but for now, I'll address this one. Below is a copy and paste of what I posted on my PERSONAL Facebook. It's a little out of date because since then the Ford show was rescheduled to the end of July but the point of the post is still valid. Please read it and PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't spread rumors or listen to them. To get the most current info, go to www.CarlisleEvents.com or any of our event Facebook pages!!

Without further ado:

The Carlisle Chrysler Nationals is NOT cancelled!! I was alerted tonight that there is another rumor going around and I want to clear things up. Here are some FACTS:

Nobody knows what is going to happen with this virus. As an event promoter, we are expected to predict the future. We can't! But we at least have to have a solid plan and be ready to change. We have already changed some shows. If you look at those changes, you'll see that we are changing them in the order in which they occur. Spring Carlisle got moved and so did our Import show. Those were the first 2 shows on our original schedule. Ford is next, scheduled for June 5-7, then it's our rescheduled Spring, then Chevy and THEN Chrysler. If Ford, Spring and Chevy aren't canceled (which they are NOT), why would we jump to Chrysler and cancel it, or even move it, at this point if we haven't moved the 3 shows before it??

Can the above change? Sure! And IF it does, here is the process and timeline: If we feel that we won't be able to have a show safely or the governor isn't allowing events on the date of an event and we have no choice but to reschedule, we look for alternate available dates. Once we find the best available date and we're SURE we need to reschedule, we get the team together to plan our official announcement. We pick the date and EXACT time that the announcement will be made via Facebook, our website and emails to that show's database. So far when we've done this, it all occurs in about 1-2 days.

For the best and most current information, just go to our website (www.CarlisleEvents.com) or the show's Facebook page. Whatever you see there is current! If you hear a rumor that one of our shows is canceled or rescheduled, don't call or message us (or me), just check either of the above sources.

I hope this helps and I'm planning to see everyone July 10-12

shadango

Reaction score
Well (and this is no attack on Ed at ALL!) one has to take that with a grain of salt IMHO. I mean, as promoters, they quite understandably want to keep interest in the event till the very last possible moment. They have to keep hope alive. (Oh god did I just throw out a democrat tagline LOL??)

I try to be a realist and as part of my job I have to look at all the possible directions something could go....

This one is all over the place.....

But IMHO, short of someone paying off Wolf to reopen Cumberland County to GREEN like in the next week or two, I dont know if its looking good at all....

Its not a rumor that Cumberland county (Carlisle) is still in the RED zone.

Pittsburgh is too, but its going to yellow may 15......yellow still requires the "social distancing" bs AND gatherings must be 25 people or below. Emperor Wolf has dictated that "yellow could last a while".

There is no word as to when Cumberland county will be changed to yellow.

So it doesn't take a lot of math to figure out the possible scenarios:

- the earlier "spring" and chevy shows just slide down based on when Wolf decides to change that county to green....and depending on how far they "slide", Chryslers and everything after could be pushed too....this way the earlier show goers do not get hosed

- the earlier spring show is cancelled since its a "general" show...and the chevy is pushed down the line, same affect as above.

- the spring show is cancelled and chevy show is put to the end of the line but before fall carlisle at the end of september. And right now that is after Ford which means early september...

- if the other earlier shows were cancelled or moved end of line, chrysler show COULD just be pushed a week to July 17 since that week is unscheduled at Carlisle per their schedule.....another "hole" like it in august too....

And any of those options are only options IF the county goes green.

And again, the way Wolf talks, it will take a while to get to green.

Not to mention...keep in mind how many people have to get accomodations etc.....right now EVERYTHING is booked pretty solid based on the current schedule for Chrysler.....I have to assume the other show weeks are booked the same.....what does THAT look like for people if one event changes or if they ALL push or leapfrog as far as trying to get a place to stay etc?

Its a logistical nightmare to be facing and I do not envy Ed or Carlisle productions to be looking down that barrel.

I dunno.

I hate to think this but its becoming more clear day by day...Wolf gives NO indication he will suddenly reverse his current tact.....

It would affect the least people (temporarily) to leapfrog shows to the end of the line and hope for the best.......and piss the least number of people off short term....but that means fewer people will be able to go since it will be late in the summer or into the fall....

Hell, even OHIO NATS are up in question.....they are in yellow now, but no one has figured out what to do about events like concerts, sports games and -- car events.

:(

Praying that some less knee-jerky minds cut in and reopen 'Merica ASAFP and let US make the call whether we want to gather or not.

IF we all just showed up, they couldnt arrest us all....LOL

droptop

Reaction score
I am confident that this virus is just going to fade away very rapidly as soon as the temperatures get into the 80’s and 90’s. And after all, Woodstock happened in the middle of an epidemic in 1969.

shadango

Reaction score
I am confident that this virus is just going to fade away very rapidly as soon as the temperatures get into the 80’s and 90’s. And after all, Woodstock happened in the middle of an epidemic in 1969.

Well there are three things at issue.....when the virus "fades away" and when/how that is determined and then officials who have locked us down feel that has happened.

So far in Pennsylvania, it "feels" like at the very best we will be in yellow zone in that county at the planned date.

Yellow means no mass gatherings.

Wolf has actually said that things like sports gatherings wont be back to normal "for some time".

That's a tell, IMHO.

But I hope I am wrong.

Was looking forward to another Carlisle.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Well, since our state (WI) is beginning to open up again at long last, we'll see what's canceled and what isn't. Restaurants, bars, barbers, "non-essential" stores, etc, etc, etc. can open as of yesterday afternoon. Traffic instantly doubled today vs yesterday, oddly enough! . Sadly, they already cancelled Iola 2020 car show/swap meet (July 10-12). The big cruise in August, down in Wisconsin Rapid's, better not get cancelled. It's held the 1st part of August and I REALLY want to go this year. Last 5 years it's been one thing or another that kept me from making it every single year. :mad: Did I say I really WANT to go? That's a lie. Should have said I really NEED to go.:cool:

The part I'm excited about is, I can go get a haircut now. Keep waiting for someone to ask me what the name of my metal band is, LOL.

volare 77

Reaction score
I didn`t go but from the ones that did go they told me it was a pretty decent turnout considering. The cars for sale area was pretty empty though. Maybe one of the guys that went could tell you more on the swap area.

droptop

Reaction score
The swap vendors, show cars, and pedestrian traffic was down about 25% compared to normal. The biggest hit was in the manufacture midway and the car corral. They were down about 60% or more. Still the best Mopar show in the country. The Carlisle crew were awesome as usual.

JMTokash

Reaction score
Thanks for the update! They really do always put on a great show, but I did not want to risk COVID this year so I stayed away. Hopeful to make it for next years’ show!

Back