Carlisle Nationals 2018 - Actual F Parts!!

old yellow 78

Reaction score
I scoured the "Swap Meet" (swap cash for parts o_O) and the vendors at Carlisle looking for anything F, but two things in particular: a three spoke SE steering wheel, and a new shifter boot. I really wasn't expecting much. BUT, amazingly there were actually some F parts to be found!
I didn't find my steering wheel, but I did find two vendors who had repo shifter boots and chrome trim rings. One place wanted $79 just for the boot. Another wanted $99 for the boot and another $25 for the chrome trim ring. Excuse me? No thanks.
However, I did find Kit Car Chris's vendor site! I was amazed with the amount of F parts that he has! Particularly GRILLS!!!

IMG_20180714_131259025.jpg

Chris made me a great deal on a very fine "driver" quality grill, completely solid, not quite NOS, but just right for OY and my wallet. I hadn't even thought of being able to buy, much less find a really nice '78 Aspen grill, but that's what I came home with! :) Needless to say, I am VERY pleased!! Thank you again Chris!! ;)

IMG_20180715_164535544.jpg

slant6billy

Reaction score
You have that stare of a deer in headlights at all those grilles. Looks like kitcar Chris in the back and Gator on the right.

droptop

Reaction score
I meet Chris as well and got an NOS grill for the 80 RR from him. We also brainstormed for a solution to center caps for the 79-80 alum road wheels. Will have pics soon. I will start a new thread soon. Chris is a good guy and has the mother of all f body stashes that I have ever seen.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
You have that stare of a deer in headlights at all those grilles.
Don't know who that is, not me. But he's also likely thinking: "OMG Grills!!" :eek:
Looks like kitcar Chris in the back and Gator on the right.
You are right. Chris is great. I briefly met Gator, but didn't know who he was until later.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Might be not suite NOS but it looks like it was never installed(?). I'm looking at the unpainted parking light bezels in making that statement. Either way, an intact, unbroken '78/'79 Aspen grille is like finding the Holy Grail!

Gator

Reaction score
the other guy in the picture is kye he has a 78 rt .dont know his name on the forum.we need to try to get some kind of car meet up with fbodies with the guys from jersey and eastern pa.maybe sometime in the early fall

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Might be not suite NOS but it looks like it was never installed(?). I'm looking at the unpainted parking light bezels in making that statement. Either way, an intact, unbroken '78/'79 Aspen grille is like finding the Holy Grail!
I agree. I am still amazed I was able to find and afford one! Chris told me that it had been previously installed, but obviously not for long. It has a few small marks on the chrome but is really very nice and most of all SOLID. I suspect it is a replacement grille from sometime in the '80's because, as you said, the parking light bezels were never painted and it just doesn't feel quite so fragile and flimsy like the now 40 year old original. Chris was really great to deal with and showed me the Mopar markings and part numbers, and it was nice that it came in an original box too which I can store OY's original halfway decent grill in when I do put the new one on. I'm not going to install it just yet though, until I have caught up on everything else I want to do with OY.
IMG_20180715_164549133.jpg

M_Body_Coupe

Reaction score
I can totally relate to this feeling. It took me forever to source a NOS grille for my Diplomat, but eventually I did...better yet, shortly after I scored another one and that puppy became mine at a lowly price of $35 CAD...yeah, I still get goosebumps when I remember the day I went to visit the gentlemen who was selling off some of his 'old stuff' and lo and behold, in that crummy looking box was a NOS grille!!!

Last edited:

Oldiron440

Reaction score
It's a waste of time worrying about it.
I labeled everything and talked to the person who will handle it and let it go........

volare 77

Reaction score
I will do my best to get rid of most of it before I kick the bucket. At least I`ll try anyhow. I don`t want to burden anyone with my stuff.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
What is this talk about people kicking the bucket?

I can’t die until I build/construct my own casket (I don’t care what the laws say . . .). I have it penciled in to start building said casket in about 60 or so years from now.

Unrelated, I’m in process to mark/identify/bag/inventory what I do have so I can find it faster, know exactly what it fits and to sell what I know I’ll wont use. Not that I have any plans for someone else to take over – but if something was to happen, at least the hard work will be done.
BudW

volare 77

Reaction score
Not in no hurry to check out but life is full of surprises so you never know. I was more so talking about the kids have no interest in my stuff and them not wanting to deal with the so called junk.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Parts are something buy-able for somewhat reasonable cash. The Cuda parts are ridiculous prices, as well 68-70 B body parts. I picked up the screw in hood stops (repop) for 5 bucks. Getting the old ones out of the rad support ledge required kroll oil and vice grips. Took 2 mins to get the height right and now the hood pops up like it should. Me and Gator are headed to a yardsale in an hour. The property had a blue 79 R/T Aspen (no longer) and parts are definite. Might only be radio knobs, but better we look and save some parts. Who knows, maybe something someone needs.

Back