cast iron mounts for sale - not mine

Poly

Reaction score
Those are not mine either and are a good chunk of change

Last edited:

Aspen500

Reaction score
Geez, and I gave mine away for the cost of shipping a couple years ago...........................

XfbodyX

Reaction score
There is still a boatload of those kits floating around, folks just need to look outside the fmj world.

Last edited:

volare 77

Reaction score
Yea, I knew about those but i was looking for the boatload of kits thinking maybe could find them cheaper.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Bone- Look at the sellers screen name, what overlooked area is there that at one time ran like mad with our bolt on front ends?

The guys that eagerly spent money on fmj parts, the street rod guys.

AND many still have good parts around for our front ends. I know of a couple. I buy all I can from them.

Every set of the NOS T bars I sold were bought by street rods guys, some still use them so just want to dump them and the parts.

volare 77

Reaction score
Most don`t use the f body front suspension anymore as stated. Old school for sure.

Poly

Reaction score
I don't see from the photo how these are any good. The raised oval section sets down into the K-member and the flat side of the isolators are onto the frame rail. So all that's holding the front end of the vehicle together is the strength of the washer and it's compression against the K-member ? Guess there would be a lot of rattleing as a warning.

nubs.jpg

80mirada

Reaction score
All that holds the K-member on are the washers with the stock setup. Those are very heavy washers, similar to the stock ones, they are quite thick.

volare 77

Reaction score
It does seem like they should have made a little better piece instead of the washer. I kinda of thought the same when I first seen the kits.

Back