Cat delete/test pipe slant 6

Kramer79

Reaction score
Hello,

Looking to see if anyone knows of a exhaust pipe that would bolt to the stock slant 6 manifold but would not have the cat attached... I read about some truck ones etc but can’t seem to track one down... my air pump is shot so I am currently trying to trace vacuum lines and sort out the six before I try to wake it up...

DCAspen

Reaction score
They used to sell a direct replacement pipe many years ago,I looked for one around 2005 to no avail....discontinued.I had purchased one around 1997 for my 80' slant ,I wish I saved it when it went to the boneyard.

Kramer79

Reaction score
Thanks- yeah I have had no luck... but definitely other things to keep me busy... radiator is out water pump next

Aspen500

Reaction score
If you have the original pipe, and it's not rotted away, you can always cut the cat out and replace it with pipe, a.k.a. "test pipe".

I was thinking at first maybe an A body pipe would fit but the exhaust is on the driver's side on those and besides, any front pipe for any year or model or any body with a S6 seems to be unobtainium other than having one made at a shop that has a tubing bender.

Last edited:

DCAspen

Reaction score
80 and up have a cat in the engine compartment below the carb

Kramer79

Reaction score
Yes correct- that is what I was going to look to remove but just thinking ahead at this point ... like when I look at tires online all day instead of getting under the car

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
It shouldn't be too hard for an exhaust shop or garage that does custom exhaust work to make something up.

DCAspen

Reaction score
There is a pipe your looking for on Ebay,I haven't seen one in quite a few years.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Sorry, didnt know that was the one.

135 shipped isnt a world ender imo vs the hassle of getting a pipe jockey to bend one up.

DCAspen

Reaction score
Another part that has been out of the loop for many years.

Back