Chased a hit and run driver

slant6billy

Reaction score
I was sitting in traffic on Broad St in Phila, when some dope decided to run up the left shoulder (divided road with a cement median). Needless to say he sideswiped my van. The prick tried to run but I drove a little aggressive to catch him. Rush hour backup helped too. This jerkoff wouldn't give up his insurance or anything. He did not look legal for that matter (the car or him). I took his plate down as he took pictures of my van. I asked what the hell would his pics show other than he fucking tried to run and got caught. My blood pressure is still exploding. The wife locked me out of the house until I calm the F - down. What is jacked up.......... when I run in to someone and I am in the wrong, I step up and take the responsible approach - like hand over my info. This is what is an example of a bad irresponsible driver. I've got to go smash something up now.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
No shortage of inbred drivers out there man....
Hope your van didn't get damaged too badly.
If you have an old fridge they make great punch out victims when you're pissed...ask me how I know.....
Don't use the good fridge though or your wife will get really pissed....ask me how I know.....

slant6billy

Reaction score
I am still f-ing pissed. I want one of those dashcams that the Ruskies had when the comet /meteor fell last year and was caught on camera. The piece of shit was in some late 90s F150- no bumper, dents/ dings worth maybe 200 in scrap - but his phone was the new I phone..... fucking loser for sure and possibly here illegally My van is no show car, but is a rare straight short 109 inch Dodge, runs like a swiss watch, and is my tow rig with unique style. I want to go get a Taurus wagon - so when some a hole plays bumpercars with me, it won't be a big loss. In this incident , the mirror took the most, the wing vent window was open, so it to got dislodged- but did not shatter. Other sideswipe and rub marks. I'm going to drive the Honda Thursday. Perhaps I'll find some beater vehicle this weekend for a few bucks- wasn't planning to go that route, but had I'd been in my desired F bodied coupe or F bodied wagon- this would have been more tragic

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I hear ya....
The only thing I loved about my 89 Craprice is if anybody side swiped it or hit it....which they did on more than one occasion....I didn't give a rats ass.
It was a rusted POS. It's a bloody hell zone driving out there now. Retards everywhere you look. I had some dipsh*t rear end me in a Tim Horton's drive thru...!!! My Fifth has been in two accidents. Both not my fault and I've had to put it back together. When I do the final bodywork and paint it...I won't trust it for daily duty anymore cause I know it's just a matter of time before someone dings it...or some 350 lb.twinkie eating heifer bangs her door into it at a grocery store cause I didn't leave three car widths so she could fit her Godzilla size ass into her Camry....it's hell out there man. I'm happy to hear the idiot didn't do more damage than he did.

My imp

Reaction score
Most importantly, did he get cited, or are you in a "no fault" state? Because now the fun begins; when I was hit they told me my vehicle was "old", wasn't worth shit, even though it didn't have a spec of rust, ran perfect, etc... They totalled it, said it was worth 1/4 of what I had in it. They said they'd give mr the "replacement value". I said, I want to see you replace THAT car for that figure. They said they could easily find one. Same shape? Well,,, yeah that's what I thought. They said that's all they'd go, I said ,see you in court! After the "you'll need to hire experts, yadda, yadda, yadda, blah, blah, blah, I said I'm my own expert. ASE Master tech certified, plus the passion of knowing every bolt on that car, they came up with a more acceptable settlement. Hope that common bred, gen X a-hole has insurance (yeah, and my asshole's an abacus) to pay for the damage. Maybe he's a drug dealer & he'll pay in cash! Good luck & sorry for your misfortune.

My imp

Reaction score
Most importantly, did he get cited, or are you in a "no fault" state? Because now the fun begins; when I was hit they told me my vehicle was "old", wasn't worth shit, even though it didn't have a spec of rust, ran perfect, etc... They totalled it, said it was worth 1/4 of what I had in it. They said they'd give mr the "replacement value". I said, I want to see you replace THAT car for that figure. They said they could easily find one. Same shape? Well,,, yeah that's what I thought. They said that's all they'd go, I said ,see you in court! After the "you'll need to hire experts, yadda, yadda, yadda, blah, blah, blah, I said I'm my own expert. ASE Master tech certified, plus the passion of knowing every bolt on that car, they came up with a more acceptable settlement. Hope that common bred, gen X a-hole has insurance (yeah, and my asshole's an abacus) to pay for the damage. Maybe he's a drug dealer & he'll pay in cash! Good luck & sorry for your misfortune.

slant6billy

Reaction score
As the anger and violent tendencies started to kick in, I told the guy just to go and he got his Christmas gift early. Since the van is 18 years old, I'm in that boat. Phila cops don't come out for finder benders. Plus, they usually treat each party as guilty. This boob was possibly the worst ahole I came accross. He fucked up and then got belligerent. It is a strategy obvious by his face........ it has seen some lumps. I cannot do an assault charge. Perhaps in my youth with nothing to lose, but 40s is pushing envelopes in all directions. My lawyer buddy would charge me $$$ over a stupid altercation in his mind. Some folks have a head thicker than mine and hitting them in the head does not accomplish much. So my headache is bad, but it could be worse. As for this guys occupation- some type of day laborer - tattered coveralls and possible not legal- we've got a lot of those too driving around.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
As the anger and violent tendencies started to kick in, I told the guy just to go and he got his Christmas gift early. Since the van is 18 years old, I'm in that boat. Phila cops don't come out for finder benders. Plus, they usually treat each party as guilty. This boob was possibly the worst ahole I came accross. He fucked up and then got belligerent. It is a strategy obvious by his face........ it has seen some lumps. I cannot do an assault charge. Perhaps in my youth with nothing to lose, but 40s is pushing envelopes in all directions. My lawyer buddy would charge me $$$ over a stupid altercation in his mind. Some folks have a head thicker than mine and hitting them in the head does not accomplish much. So my headache is bad, but it could be worse. As for this guys occupation- some type of day laborer - tattered coveralls and possible not legal- we've got a lot of those too driving around.

I fully believe in karma coming back to bite you in the ass.
You'll feel better if you ponder the very real possibility that one day this guy will try to knock off a 7 11 and wind up making a lot of new friends in the prison showers. :snorting:

roadrunnerman

Reaction score
Sorry about your van. It's the way things are going now. We have to compensate for everybody else's stupidity.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Thanks man. Bright spot- if there is one. My original mirrors from my pickup were chrome. I had swapped them to black power van ones very early and then to carbon fiber ones. So I had a useable mirror to put on the van. As for the vent window, my budy had a van door at his shop with a good window. It was from a 1990 van. It looked like it was dead on. That door had some issues though. He knew someone with some junked fleet vans on a property. A phone call later and that guy had removed the exact window. I actually drove my van over there with my friend. This guy with the vans was a master parts remover and installer. Like a surgeon, he got the window in and it functions. He would not take cash, but I did offload some tools on the guy for his troubles. Finally, a foam pad and compound removed most of the rub marks. There are some gashes, but again the van is 18 years old. Just in time- too. I got a call to go get that 30 foot trailer next week- the one I've been on the hook for since June. I usually snap off pics and I have them, but for some reason, the FMJ site is not allow me to upload. It might be an error on my end, but I am not sure.

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
upload to photobucket and copy n paste the forum link

glad your getting the van back up to par. traffic is getting crazy everywhere, amazing how many stupid people can get a license now days

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
traffic is getting crazy everywhere, amazing how many stupid people can get a license now days

There's gotta be some back seat happy endings going on at the license bureau.
Only way I can see half these inbreds getting their license.

slant6billy

Reaction score
I still believe the guy was either not legal or had someone else info. If anyone saw that crazy video on the news in New York where the Range Rover guy was cornered and ran down some crotch rockets.....The one guy on the bike had no license and one of the other fools had warrants. Not to mention is was a ralley designed to act like a fool and with out permits. Grant it, car guys and real bikers have a responsibility..... avoid the general public. If you are drag racing on the street and someone pulls out in front and you cannot stop.......... It is all on the person who is breaking the driving laws of the public streets. I used to go to street drags on Front Street in Phila 20 years ago. A couple of serious assholes got pissed when a guy was in there way and it got out of hand. The track is the place get serious... not so much the street. Screwing up on the street is all on the guy who is doing the screwing up.

Back