SOLD Chrysler 5th Av

Status
Not open for further replies.

76Aspen6pk

Reaction score
Contact seller
I've got an 83 Chrysler 5th av parts car for sale engine runs but has 2 cylinders with low compression (due to being over heated) trans worked very well when parked. Interior is In excellent shape. Will need to be towed. 500 O.B.O. clear title located in Kenosha Wisconsin

20171221_145338.jpg
20171221_145322.jpg
20171221_145310.jpg
20171221_145244.jpg
20171221_145240.jpg
20171221_145231.jpg
20171221_145215.jpg

Last edited:

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
76Aspen6pk, I want to make sure of what I’m seeing.
It appears to be a white car with blue leather interior?
It looks like body damage to R/F fender and to L/R quarter panel. Any other body damage?
Any rust on car (quarters, back window area, etc.)?
Is it missing paint on hood and decklid or is it just dirty?
Mileage on the car?

Thank you,
Bud

Note: I'm kinda thinking about it - if I could keep wife from kicking me out to the curb from bringing home another car, first.

76Aspen6pk

Reaction score
Can't tell on rear quarters but the chrome trim is still there so I would thing that the rear quarters are in her decent shape. No other body damage. There is rust around gas fill opening that's all I can see as far as the paint it's just dirt on it , it rubs off yes it's white with blue leather. I will find out on the mileage

76Aspen6pk

Reaction score
There is some slight rust surface rust on front edge (top) of hood and some by vinal top bottom edge by rear quarter

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I’m interested in it – but I will have to travel 1,800 miles to get it.

Then I would have to find out how not to sleep in the dog house, after I brought it home.

I'm still debating, but outlook is not looking good.
The car has a lot of positive aspects to it (IMO), just wish it was a lot closer.
BudW

old yellow 78

Reaction score
I'm really surprised that nobody seems to be interested in this 5th Ave, particularly since the interior is reported to be in "excellent shape" and it looks like there is a ton of good parts on it. I have twice now bought cars online, and a long distance away (Virginia and Oklahoma), making an agreement over the phone both times to come and strip off what I want from the car and then leave the carcass for the seller who is only too pleased to then sell the remains for scrap. IMO, this price for this leather interior alone, if indeed it is excellent, along with any or all assorted parts a person might want is a good deal. I paid about this for the black '77 Volare wagon to get the entire interior including the plaid seats, road wheels, and a ton of extra parts - and I drove all the way to Tulsa Oklahoma to get them! It was fun, and we turned it into a camping/road trip besides! The seller was pleased to be able to keep the shell, and I saw later was advertising it again just for the body. I don't know if it ever sold again, or if he junked it.
Oklahoma Kansas May 23-30 2015 035.jpg

Oklahoma Kansas May 23-30 2015 014.jpg

Oklahoma Kansas May 23-30 2015 058.jpg

This '78 Aspen wagon was a close match for OY, but pretty rotted out. I found it on CL. Again, I only wanted parts, not the whole car. I made the deal over the phone, drove my truck down to Virginia and got almost everything good that was left on it including the doors, hatch, power steering, interior and exterior parts, etc., and left the carcass. Turned it into a fun weekend adventure.
parts Aspen 1.jpg

parts Aspen 2.jpg

004.JPG
003.JPG

017.JPG

Just this past weekend, my friend and I drove all the way out to Cleveland OH to pick up FOUR NOS F-body fenders!! They were a good deal, and again, we turned it into a great weekend road trip. Had a lot of fun on the way back stopping to spend a few hours at a used book store and getting some great Mexican food.
To me, this old 5th Ave looks like a great road trip destination for an M body fan in need of an interior or other parts. That's why I'm surprised nobody has jumped on it yet. I don't know if 76Aspen6pk would go for it or not, but maybe one of you M people could work a deal out with him if you need the interior or other parts. Seems a shame for the whole car to possibly get junked - might not even have to drag the whole car home!

4speedjim

Reaction score
It sounds like a good excuse to drop a 360 in it. Maybe with spring around the corner strip it for parts. They will bring you more money fast. Ship it out in pieces. :D

76Aspen6pk

Reaction score
It going to the junk yard on 3-24-18 any body want anything come and shoot me a price and come and get it

89.Fifth

Reaction score
I'm way too far. I wish I could. I'm still trying to figure out how to pick up a motor in PA

Kermit

Reaction score
Looking for wiper transmission, wiper crank arm and cowl cover. Let me know what you can do!

Jared

4speedjim

Reaction score
What a great deal for our friends in the south west. I'm sure the Interior would be the nicest interior in the desert. Being most of us are a significate distance, and the value of the 5th isn't very strong. Maybe give us one last price to keep it from the crusher. What are they paying for scrap cars in your area? $100 - $150 if you drive it in? Maybe that would entice someone to make the trip? Save some of the car. The 5th Ave Interior fits all our FMJ cars nicely. I see a lot of 5th Aves stripped out for our county fair demo. Pull the interior and everything you want or sell off it and wreck the body in your local derby. That will be way more fun than any amount of cash you'll get out of the car. And a bit of it can maybe live on in another body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back