CMX Interiors

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Hi,

Do all CMX versions of the Mirada have bucket seat/floor shift interiors? My Mirada is a base model, and has a 60/40 split bench seat, and there are so few Mirada's around here that I've never seen a CMX, so that I could see one close up. I know the CMX's had the brushed aluminium daish panel, and in some cases, the Tuff wheel, but I am uncertain as to whether they were all bucket seat cars standard or not.

Kostas

CMX360

Reaction score
The meaning of CMX changed after 80. In 80 it was kind of a sport model (like R/T). All the 80 CMX's I have seen have had high back buckets but console was not standered. My fathers blue 80 CMX has nothing between the seats at all. Some had buddy seats, some had consoles, and some had just buckets. 81 onward CMX became a luxery'ish package. My 82 CMX has a cloth 60/40 with woodgrain and door lights (light package was part of CMX package I believe). Also 81 and up CMX's all had the fake convert top and body color keyed door handle inserts. I've read that cloth 60/40 and woodgrain was part of the 81 and up CMX package but I've seen 81 and up CMX's with high backs as well so...... Basically every Mirada is just whatever the hell Chrysler felt like building on any given day. The fake covert top is the only thing that the CMX package gauranteed you for 81-83. As for 80 you got the up and over roof band and some other do dads I guess. Heavey duty suspension may have been part of the 80 CMX package. My fathers has it but I've seen one that didn't. I don't know. Chrysler was a mess those years so I doubt even they knew what the hell was goin on.

Bigdaddy

Reaction score
My 83 CMX has woodgrain & bench 60/40 seat, My Moms 83 CMX had the buckets & shifter on the floor & had the brushed aluminium dash panel, both have fake conv. top...

Last edited:

jasperjacko

Reaction score
My 80 cmx had leather buckets, console, alum. wheels, roof band, silver dash, no rear sway bar, pw, pl, tilt, cruise,ac

kkritsilas

Reaction score
I guess what I am hearing is that the interiors could be optioned out the way the buyer wanted. I was sort of hoping that the bucket seats were part of the CMX package, like the brushed aluminum dash is. Thanks to all for chiming in.

Kostas

High Speed Pursuit

Reaction score
Straight off the 1980 Mirada Ready to Order Form, the following packages could be checked: Basic Group, Light Package, Sport Handling Package (could be ordered separately from the CMX Pkg), Roadability Package, Protection Package, Cabriolet Roof Pkg, and the CMX Package that includes: Up-and-Over color keyed roof accent molding, Color Keyed bumper protection rub strips with bright insert(front integral), Colored Keyed rear bumper guards optional with CMX Pkg, CMX Front Fender nameplates, Dual remote control outside mirrors(body colored or chrome), Colored Keyed door handle accents, Unique body-side tapes stripes, CMX offered in these exterior paint colors only: Baron Red, Nightwatch Blue, Frost Blue Metallic, or Burnished Silver Metallic. CMX Package also includes color-keyed 10 spoke forged aluminum wheels and larger P205 belted radial wider white sidewall tires
The seating group selection was: All Vinyl bucket seats with optional center cushion and center folding arm rest in blue, heather, cashmere, red, or white. Option 2 was Cloth and Vinyl 60/40 individually adjustable seats with folding center arm rest in blue, heather, cashmere, or red. Option 3 was real leather and vinyl bucket seats with standard center cushion and folding center arm rest in blue, heather, cashmere, red, or white. Bucket Seats were the standard option. The center console was a separate option for any bucket seat configuration. The brushed aluminum instrument panel applique was standard equipment, not a CMX indicator. Steering wheel options were: 3 spoke color-keyed Tuff Sport, 3 spoke Deep-Dish Deluxe – horn switches on spokes and brushed insert on rim, 2 spoke padded – leather wrapped rim, 2 spoke and tilt steering column. The entire car was an option...just check the box you wanted.

Back