Cobbled together LeBaron

Deano

Reaction score
115735224_4434452109960845_1524415173048820667_n.jpg

I recently bought a '78 LeBaron Medallion. As I've gotten deeper into getting this thing going, I've found that the first owner had installed LAZ Start remote starter and a StartGuard alarm system. Evidently, the installer used every shortcut in the book and cobbled it back together. Spliced wires, wires that I can't even tell where they go, and all terminals have been compromised in one way or another.
Does anyone happen to know if there is anyone close to Kentucky that does complete re-wiring on older model vehicles?

Justwondering

Reaction score
My only comment ' very sweet looking car'. I can't help with Kentucky.
Only rewiring I've done is with a 63 Willys Pickup.
Completely not relevant to the question you asked. Sorry.

JW

Deano

Reaction score
Thank you both for the positive compliments. I sure am proud of it, I'll tell you that. Been looking for one for around 25 years and finally got the opportunity. I kept telling my wife- "One of these days, I'd like to find me an old car." She stopped me mid-sentence one day as I was showing her the listing. "You do realize that "one of these days" may never get here. You need to act on this." So, I did. Got it inspected and transferred today, so I'm getting that much closer to getting it on the road. It's the little things.

DSCN4172.JPG

Duke5A

Reaction score
Can't help with the wiring, but wow, beautiful car!

Deano

Reaction score
Thank ya, Duke! The previous owner told me it was garaged it's entire life. I can tell. There's just a little surface rust in the trunk. I should be able to clean it up, and toss some rust inhibitor at it, and maybe find a trunk mat for it.

Demonracer

Reaction score
See if there is a FSM with the wiring diagram in it, or see if there is another vehicle with a compatible wiring harness that you can buy.

DCAspen

Reaction score
Find a wiring harness from another Lebaron and swap it into your car.F-body engine harness should work also.

Deano

Reaction score
These are the remaining wires, connectors and whatnot from under the dash- The first one is the box that most of the wires either came from or went to, the second is factory that is also loomed in with a red wire and a black wire into a "T" shaped connector from the kick panel and I can't figure out where it goes- and the third and fourth ones came from the box in the first picture that are mostly spliced with clamshell type connectors, luckily they weren't cut and wired into.

DSCN4185.JPG

DSCN4186.JPG

DSCN4189.JPG

DSCN4190.JPG

Deano

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea where these factory wires end up and what they might be for? I have the '78 electrical manual, but I can't make heads nor tails out of it. I pretty sure the green, yellow, and brown and every other wire that in that 15 pin connector are from the Startguard box.

Any help?

Back