Convertible Mirada on CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Mopet:

Chrysler never offered the J bodies as convertibles, only T-Tops, and of those, not the Imperial. All of the J Body convertibles are by third parties, and the quality, as you can imagine, varied considerably.

Kostas

Last edited:

My imp

Reaction score
Passenger side A pilliar support plate, its heavy stamped steel, 10gauge (1/8") thick, held in with rivets.
The floor tiles are 12"X12", so you have a size reference.
Now if I can only find the driver side plate!!!!!!!
Didn't see them on my sunroof Imp. The Imp uses an exclusive windshield, I wonder if the reinforcements would work. PM me with a price, & if your not too proud of them, I'll take the plunge!

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Ok Larry, I have been busy with the holidays.
I found the passenger side, but the DS is still MIA.
Give me some time.

My imp

Reaction score
Ok Larry, I have been busy with the holidays.
I found the passenger side, but the DS is still MIA.
Give me some time.

Take all the time you need, same here! Lost quite a bit of time flat on my back, trying to catch up. Probably won't start until spring.

Mr C

Reaction score
My Imp:

Don't know for sure, but didn't most Imperials have sun/moon roofs? If not standard, I think that on a vehicle in the Imperial's price class, there would have been quite a few that had the option (logic being, you're going to spend a lot on the car anyway, so just load it up; a lot of stuff was standard on the Imperial, so there wasn't a lot of money to be spent on options anyway). Perhaps it was also structural (with the longer chassis, maybe Chrysler didn't think the chassis rigidity would be acceptable on a flagship car; or marketing (Caddy and Lincoln didn't have T-tops, and they were available for mostly lower/middle price level cars).

Kostas

Chrysler never made a T Top Imperial. Moof roof was one of the few options available on the 81-83 Imperial (you also got to choose between snowflake wheels or wire wheel cover, and the stereo). Most things were standard on them. This does not include the Franks Sinatra special editions. A few convertible conversions were done to J body Imperials...probably less than 10 cars total.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back