Cordoba Convertible

johnnyride

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I commented on the interior thread about a Cordoba convertible. Yes, I have one. Have had it for about 10 years now. Just finishing up putting a white leather interior in it. Here are some pics prior to the new interior. I also have to replace the quarter extensions. They fell apart just sitting in my garage. Got to love 70s and 80s elastomers!
IMG_0139a.jpg
IMG_0168.JPG

John

johnnyride

Reaction score
I even found a parts car which I farmed a few parts from and grabbed the top frame to have as an extra, just in case. They were made by Global Coach from 1980 to 1982. About 200 on Miradas, Cordobas and Imperials. The pic below is how it looked when I found it in a junk yard in Maryland. It's long gone now. It was a mess. No floors left in it at all! Was too far gone to save.

IMG_4336.JPG

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Beautiful convertible! Love that burgundy paint! Only 200 makes that a pretty rare beast! Ah, parts cars, great feeling to salvage as much as you can. These 70's cars are becoming hard to find, and I guess a Cordoba convertible in a yard is almost never seen anymore.

89.Fifth

Reaction score
That's amazing. I never thought I'd see someone on a forum with one of these. I'd love to see more pics.

johnnyride

Reaction score
Here are a few more pics. These are older. It has a white interior in it now and a console as well, but it's still a column shift. I have a cupholder where the gear shift would be. I didn't weld in the console base. It really didn't need it. I used the mounting points from my original fold-down console. Hopefully I will get around to putting the LS nose on it soon. But that requires painting it and the new hood and installing all of the new LS mounts. Also including a pic of what will be the donor nose..maybe. The LS only has 57K on it and has a nice interior. And the old slant 6 fires up every time. So having second thoughts on parting it. I do have another hood and nose to put on now.
IMG_0153.JPG
IMG_0166.JPG
IMG_0140.JPG
5001203076_ec1c68fe95_z.jpg

johnnyride

Reaction score
Really nice car. I always wanted one. I'd leave the front as is, if it were me!

I'm actually still deciding that. I bought that parts car two years ago! I actually have all the parts to make my car an LS/300 clone. I'll save the parts and can always go back to the stock look. I just always wanted one of those slant nose J-cars.

DCAspen

Reaction score
I'd leave it like it is,beautiful classy vehicle,Show us some pictures with the white interior,It must look great with the top down.

DCAspen

Reaction score
The five on five wheels look perfect on your car.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice!
I hadn't heard of the 200 convertibles, before.

Have you looked under the car to see if any additional bracing was added?
BudW

johnnyride

Reaction score
Nice!
I hadn't heard of the 200 convertibles, before.

Have you looked under the car to see if any additional bracing was added?
BudW

Yes, they have added additional bracing. It helps, but it still has a little twist-o-flex when driving. Will get pics of the white interior when I get to the car. It's in my barn which is surrounded by 2 feet of snow still in upstate NY!

DCAspen

Reaction score
Looking foward to seeing it,Hope the snow melts fast.

Moore Mirada

Reaction score
When you switch to the white interior was all the plastic replaced or painted? If painted how is it holding up? My 80 has a grey leather interior but most of the plastic has decided to turn to more of a tan/light brown! Lol

johnnyride

Reaction score
I actually switched my door panels to white ones, and there are only the rear panels now in the back which are covered in white vinyl. I did repaint the lower foot well panels red though, because they were pretty faded. Painting them is actually simple as long as you don't use too much. You can get plastic paint anywhere.

johnnyride

Reaction score
Looks like I will be definitely switching the car over to the LS nose. I was working on it the other day, reached up to grab something to pull myself up, grabbed the front extension and my hand went right through. Just like on the rear extensions. I'm sure those are also hard to find, just like the back. And probably costly too. Decision made. Looks like I have a summer project. No heated garage so it will have to wait.

johnnyride

Reaction score
Too late. Already tore it apart. That picture is deceiving of the LS. Trust me, it didn't look that great when I got it. Interior was nice though.

glennb49

Reaction score
Please post some pictures with the LS conversion and white interior, including the counsel, It looked like your parts car LS did not have the red white blue emblems on the quarters, were they not available both years they made LS's, 80-81 wasn't it? Iv been contemplating turning my 08 Sebring hardtop convertible into a 300 with stripes, emblems and cross bar grill, Kathy says NO!!

DSCN2733 (2).JPG

DSCN2730 (2).JPG

DSCN2726 (2).JPG

Back