Cordoba Convertible

johnnyride

Reaction score
My parts LS is an 82. I believe they stopped the red/white/blue bars in 1981.

The original LS was a 300. I actually have a 300 nose from 1980 with the 300 medallion emblem but it's a mess. I suppose I could make a new one using a 300 wheel emblem.

I did buy nos stuff from Marty, so I may clone the 300 totally even with the medallions/bars. I will have to figure out where to put the RWB bars because the placement is on the lower C-pillar which I no longer have on my convertible.

glennb49

Reaction score
I have never heard of or seen a 80 300! I always wondered why it wasn't called a 300 in 80, It surly had all the markings! Wonder why they switched it to LS? Still want to see pictures of the finished convert with white interior and LS nose. Also any pictures or adds for a 80 300, one of the nose you have with the 300 emblem, Is it the same as 79?

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
The text below us from:
Chrysler 300 non-letter series - Wikipedia
The 300 name returned to the Chrysler line in the spring of 1979; this time based on the Cordoba coupe. The 300 was a $2,040 option package featuring special emblems and traditional "cross-hair" 300-style grille. It was available in Spinnaker White (perhaps 30 were painted Rallye Red) with a red-leather interior and red pin stripes. The model came with the code E58 195 hp (145 kW; 198 PS) 360 cu in (5.9 L) V8, featuring a four-barrel carburetor, a performance camshaft, and dual exhausts. Other features included police-spec suspension with 15"x7" wheels, heavy duty torsion bars/leaf springs/shocks, front and rear sway bars, and a 3.23 rear gear ratio. The deteriorating U.S. domestic economic conditions that led to the early 1980s recession reflected in low demand and less than 2,900 were built.
The 300 model was planned for the 1980 model year using the new 2nd-generation Cordoba (based on the downsized Chrysler J platform), but was instead called the "LS".

They made a few ’80 300’s, then stopped. There is data in the parts books about them, and I have seen one (same color scheme as the ’79) in Tulsa.
As to how many were made, IDK (can’t be many).
BudW

glennb49

Reaction score
Very interesting, I should have kept my 79 300 Ttops, 72 Town+Country and 78 Town+country, why cant we have them all!! Still have my 81 Imp Frank Sinatra sun roof though!!

DSCN3344.JPG

glennb49

Reaction score
Love the skirts! looks like Ttops too, Looks like they used a Cordoba shell what with the quarter windows. Somebody sure did some extensive well done work, looks like rust is invading though. Wonder how much and if its still available? An Imperial muscle car, seems to work here!

DSCN2504 (2).JPG

johnnyride

Reaction score
There weren't many 300s made in 1980. The nose I have that had the 300 emblem is white. I believe many (if not all) were white.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
The ’79 300’s were all white cars with red interior.
I would “assume” the few ‘80’s would be the same. The ’80 300 I saw was white (but don’t remember the interior color).
BudW

glennb49

Reaction score
Sure would love to see some pictures of a 80 300, read in the 80 Chrysler cars review above, a E58 360 could even be had, that would be one rare 80 300!!

2012-10-13 12.44.57.jpg

glennb49

Reaction score
Yes the 300 emblem appears to be the same size as the 79 grill emblem but is missing the Chrysler Limited Edition around the outer boarder, It appears to be a wheel emblem like you said you could use. what is the rusty horizontal bar underneath the emblem for? thanks for the picture but still would like to see literature or a picture of a whole 80 300. These were both my cars but sadly I sold them both!

DSCN1401 (2).JPG

johnnyride

Reaction score
The rusty bar underneath is simply a horribly discolored chrome bumper strip. Finding a 300 is tough. When I bought the parts, the car was intact, but went to the crusher long ago. I will try to see if I have an old picture.

Jonnyuma

Reaction score
I missed this thread the first time 'round..

Nice car, that burgundy is a beautiful color. As much as I like the idea of an '80 300 creation, the way your car sits now is a tough combo to beat.@johnnyride ...seems like were still waiting on some pics w the new interior :)

johnnyride

Reaction score
I will try to grab some this weekend. I actually changed it around numerous times. White door panels, red door panels, combination color panels, then less contrast etc. I was messing with it right up until I put it in storage. It was actually snowing when I finished switching up from the fake wood trim to the brushed. Will have to take the pics in the garage with the top up as she's put away for the winter. Sorry I haven't posted them yet. I was hoping to get the new nose done and painted but the snow came early and my paint guy wasn't ready, so she gets her nose job in the spring.

johnnyride

Reaction score
And by the way, even though it will be a 300 clone, it will obviously be a clone. All real 300's were white, and all were 1980s (and early 1980s). Mine is staying Baron Red and a 1981!

johnnyride

Reaction score
OK all, here are some pics of the white seats in the car. I've switched the seats and added white inserts to the door panels, as well as switched out the wood trim to the metal look and changed the wood door trim to matching red. I added the white door panels and rear quarter trim, but I just didn't like it, so I swapped back to the red. It's still a work in progress. Seats need a good cleaning and I still need to add the "Tuff" steering wheel.
IMG_1162.jpg
IMG_1144.jpg
IMG_1146.jpg
IMG_1161.jpg
IMG_1154.jpg

glennb49

Reaction score
Looks great! I like the current combination, Looks factory except for the white on the lower door panel. and the marron hinge covers on the seats.

Back