Cordoba Convertible

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Our cars twist because they are unibody design. They twist even more when made into T-Tops or convertibles because a lot of torsional rigidity is dependent on the roof structure. All T-Top factory cars had added bracing; the factory would not add that unless absolutely necessary, knowing the cost conscious state that Chrysler was in at that time. The main point being, the cars were considered too flexible without the added bracing. It doesn't mean the only way to prevent chassis flex is to put the factory bracing system back in; there are a lot of ways to do it. Just know that it is necessary.

SRTMirada

Reaction score
It would be great if you could show us some pictures of what the conversion company came up with.

glennb49

Reaction score
I have found no added bracing underneath my 79 Cordoba T top parts car. I did weld the T top frame to the roof structure where as ASC just used self threading screws with four welds at the far corners. Hope this helps toward the flexing problem.

GEDC0308.JPG

GEDC0307.JPG

glennb49

Reaction score
I have also seen two T top frames with out the outer braces that include the mounting for the shoulder belts. These must help prevent flexing. Wonder if they were added after reports of flexing.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
There were some posts in the past regarding Ma Mopar adding in braces to the front pillars (on either side of the windshield), as well as the braces mentioned by glenb49. Our cars, even with a solid roof, always benefit from added bracing.

Back