Cordoba Vinyl Top Question

kkritsilas

Reaction score
The bolts on the roof for the 5th Ave. are for the stainless steel band that goes across the roof. The J bodies use a different attachment method for those cars that have the metal band (I think). and I think the band is only on steel roofed cars (don't quote me on that), and the vinyl roof tops don't use any bolts on the roof, just the fiberglass support under the vinyl (and padding) is glued down with the polyurethane mastic/goo that is very similar to what windshields are bonded on with.

Bruceynz

Reaction score
This is a bit off topic here but made new parcel tray today and fitted the 6x9 speakers, they are a direct bolt in! Yay some luck!

line_1568437815463.jpg

Mopar&vettedude

Reaction score
Funny thing I was just about to ask on how to pull the trim off the vinyl top. If its just held on with the side screws and slides off the top, that would make life easier. If not then I'll just have to repair the trim on the car. A couple of the brackets broke off due to the spot weld breaking.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Bruce --
how did you luck out not finding any hornets, dirt dobbers, or mice ?
Congrats on the continued renovation.

JW

Bruceynz

Reaction score
The rest of the crap went in the bin, it was all rotten! Foam chip with a coating, some oily looking heavy board that disindecrated when you looked at it! Making good progress, it's far from a show car, all I can hope is when I kick the bucket the car is in need of another face-lift then I consider I won!

Mopar&vettedude

Reaction score
Did you ever get the stainless trim off of the front of the vinyl roof? I tried, but didn't want to chance breaking anything.

Back