FOR SALE Darth Car Needs A New Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth-Car

Reaction score
Contact seller
Darth Car is looking for a new home. My health has deteriorated rather rapidly over the summer, and I am not going to be driving much longer since I do not want to destroy one of my vehicles, or injure some innocent person. So if you are looking for a beautiful example of an 82 New Yorker that has been lovingly cared for with a lot of maintenance, and upgrades, you have come to right place. $4,995, or best offer gets you into this comfortable cruising machine for your daily drive, with built in fun factors like going to the local cruise in. The proud new owner will even get my collection of M body parts that I never got around to installing.

DSCN3734waxdone55.JPG

DSCN3745.JPG

old yellow 78

Reaction score
I'm really sorry to hear that Darth Car. Giving up driving is something that must be incredibly difficult. Your New Yorker is a real beauty, and your price is very good IMO. I hope it gets a great home. I also hope that even if you sell "Darth Car" and are no longer driving, that you stick around the forum anyway. Always nice to hear from you. OY. ;)

Darth-Car

Reaction score
I'm really sorry to hear that Darth Car. Giving up driving is something that must be incredibly difficult. Your New Yorker is a real beauty, and your price is very good IMO. I hope it gets a great home. I also hope that even if you sell "Darth Car" and are no longer driving, that you stick around the forum anyway. Always nice to hear from you. OY. ;)

Thank you very much my friend; kinder words are not often heard. You keep those wagons going for us all!

Justwondering

Reaction score
Yo Brian..
Lovely car... but it was a decision between door number one (dentist at $7,000) or the curtain where Carol Merrill was standing (Darth Car for $4,995).

I already picked door number 1..... dang it.

JW

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I’m tempted . . . but would like to know more about what has been done to the car, first.
BudW

brotherGood

Reaction score
Its definitely a nice car. He came over and bought some fender mounted turn signals a few years back. I know a little bit about it from farley's page, but not much more than that

Darth-Car

Reaction score
By Popular demand here is what you have all been waiting on:

I purchased Darth Car back in the Summer of 2013 from a collector out of Detroit, MI. He had to get rid of something from his collection so he could afford his new 67 Ford Falcon. Darth Car had basically been stored, and driven to the occasional car show for the previous ten years. This caused him to really become cranky when I pressed him into daily driver service. He was just stiff all over, and out of condition. So began the process of restoration. At the time he had about 106,000 miles.

- New shocks all the way around
- There were new front calipers installed loaded with ceramic pads
- A pulling developed that required work on the brake proportioning valve
- A clunk when turning came up that required the a torsion bar bushing
- Wiper arm bushings got replaced
- ....And then the engine died! The oil pump shaft broke off
- So he got a NEW Engine (Not a used one) This one came freshly rebuilt in a machine shop crate (114,000 miles) (It now has rolled up 19,000 miles)
-After 5,000 miles the engine was switched over to Amsoil 0w30 full synthetic oil
- Then I had the factory carb rebuilt
- The radio was upgraded to a Chrysler AM/FM/CD/Cassette from a 99 Durango
- New Front and rear speakers were installed
- An Optima Yellow Top Battery was installed
- A Chrysler mini starter was installed along with a new relay, and battery cables
- The front driver seat needed attention so it was professionally recovered
- The 3 spoke Grant steering wheel was added. It's a slightly smaller diameter than the factory wheel. This makes it easier for a big guy to get in, and out
- High impact extra loud two note horns were added (They sound like the horns that were on the C bodies in the 70's)
- As mentioned I did add a set of fender mounted turn signal indicators as had been found on previous LeBaron's
- I got some bad vibrations, the Beach Boys never sang about those; but mine came from a bad u-joint that got replaced.
- Then I wanted the car to run cooler while cruising home from work with the A/C on on a hot summer afternoon so I got...
- 7 blade police package fan
- Police package heavy duty water pump
- Police package fan clutch
- And just this past summer I had a custom built heavy duty radiator installed
- 4 Brand new white wall tires were just installed
- a new custom high flow exhaust including Y pipe to tail pipe was installed last summer
- It just gives a bit more umph when you step on the go stick
- I just had the doors opened, and the front window tracks were cleaned and greased
- This car is really clean inside, and out
- It had some type of after-market rust protection applied when new that has kept the body in great shape
- Yes it has sluggish power door locks, and no the opera lamps on the roof band do not work, and a new set of door lamp lenses would be nice; but these are the only real short comings I can think of.

I know there has been other things done to the car over the last 5 years, but I just do not recall.

This has been a car that has been greatly cared for by the previous owner, and, myself. It has a truly documented history of repair work, and driving history. I had to have the car appraised in 2013 when I purchased it. The appraisal came back at $4,000 due to the exceptional showing quality of the car. I have only improved that quality over the last 5 years, and I have improved the drivability, and reliability. As the market price is exploding on similar cars being sold by flippers who have no knowledge in the condition of what they are selling I believe that this car being offered at a starting price of $4,995 is an exceptional deal.

Please let me know any questions you might have.

DSCN0077.JPG

DSCN0088.JPG

DSCN0091.JPG

eng_r.jpg

front.jpg

IMG_20181020_114606554_HDR.jpg

IMG_20181020_115027995_HDR.jpg

IMG_20181020_115227599_BURST005.jpg

IMG_20181020_115449956_HDR.jpg

IMG_20181020_115909056_HDR.jpg

Jonnyuma

Reaction score
Beautiful ride, @Darth-Car. Perfect color combo.
Terribly sorry to hear of health issues forcing (or prompting) the sale... that's always a bittersweet transaction for both parties.
Good luck with the sale and also (even more so) with your health challenges.

Darth-Car

Reaction score
Thank you for the best wishes Jonny. You have a fine looking ride yourself.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Did you have to touch up the paint or is it original paint?

Darth-Car

Reaction score
I had the vinyl strip between the rear bumper, and tail lights repainted a couple of years back, and they also replaced all of the pin striping for me at the same time. This was no Maco job. This was done by a local profeesional restoration shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back