dash bulbs

78fourdoor

Reaction score
hi there, hopefully someone can help me with this issue, yesterday i was having a tinker with the aspen, i was checking the lights work ok etc,and all the lights work fine (i think) however when i turned the headlight switch to brighten the dash lights it seems that it is a little dim on one side, i suspect a blown bulb or 2, i have a chilton manual for the aspen but it doesnt go into much detail on replacing the dash bulbs does anyone know what bulb(s) is/are needed, how to change them (is it an upside down job on the floor of the car with dexterous fingers or a dash out operation?) how many bulbs are there, and should i change them all, also the interior light doesnt work, this is also controlled by the same switch, how can i check if its the switch or wiring? this isnt as big a worry as the dash lights thou but i would like to sort it out

thanks for any info

BHA43

Reaction score
Just pop the complete dash out, burnt bulbs will usually be black but for the cost replace them all they all have the same hours on them!

kkritsilas

Reaction score
This would go for all of our cars (F, M, and J). Would it be possible to change the dash light bulbs out for LEDs? Not that I care too much for the colour or "white" LEDs, but they last pretty much forever, and consume a lot less power and generate less heat. IF we can figure out what bulb types are used, we can see if we can find LED equivalents.

Kostas

Erics5th

Reaction score
I think the stock call out for the bulbs are the wedge type #158 bulbs. Get some #194's because they are a little brighter.

lowbudget

Reaction score
I went to the junk yard and he had a container of them so I grabbed a bunch. I went to pay him and he said don't worry about it. So my dash lights are the best kind..........FREE

Back