Dinner for two !!

odcics2

Reaction score
Looking for a warm spot in the shed. HEY! Free lunch!!! :)
dinner for two.JPG

Aspen500

Reaction score
I've never seen two in one trap before!

So far, in the past 2 weeks, with 2 traps set up outside in a strategic location near the NW corner of the house, I've got 9 mice, including the one last night. Better to get them BEFORE they get in the house. How many of those filthy, disease ridden things are there anyways? :mad: All except for one, were brown colored instead of gray like those.

7T8 Custom

Reaction score
In the last month I have fished 6 mice and one rat out of my pool. I guess they try and get a drink and then fall in. Then they can’t get out again and swim around until they drown.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Thats great! Cool, Ive not seen that since I was a child, I got two like that. The farmhouse I grew up in was very old, the well and pump motor was actually in a non poured area of the foundation under the kitchen counter. Like a 1.5 or 2 inch well and somehow field mice could get in that way.

Camtron

Reaction score
Thought we had a mouse problem on the SW corner of our house (back patio was poorly enclosed at some point) found out last night, we have bats roosting in a “crawl space” between the old exterior wall and the new roof that they put on the patio. Have been able to hear debris falling down the wall in the evening/mornings and finally had one flying around in the patio area; led me to the opening he came in through. Gotta get it sealed up this weekend. I don’t care that the bats roost in the space, just don’t want them in the patio area. I’d feel bad if my cat got ahold of one of them lol

Aspen500

Reaction score
Twice I've had a bat inside the house. Never any evidence of bats anywhere else (like the attic). Those things will creep you out. How they got in, I'll never know. One was in the kitchen and the other I saw hanging on the trim on the pass through between the kitchen and living room. Walk in the living room and catch something out of the corner of your eye, and then WTF? Give's me the heebie-jeebies just thinking about it. In the summer there's lots of them in the area that show up after sunset and that's a good thing because they eat bugs. Very few mosquitos normally and this year, I never saw a single one. Where the bats roost during the day, not a clue.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
My 22lb indoor pet wombat currently keeps the rodents away, well hes kinda a big rodent himself, just much bigger then others.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
My wombat is now rubbing my leg in a odd fashion seeing that pic, thanks. Only one thing worse then wombat scat.

Although I did get a new kitten recently, named him Leroy Brown, so it should be interesting.

Just tried to pick it up and snap a pick, he isnt havin it, almost lost an ear. I will try when hes asleep.

DSC00106.JPG

Last edited:

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I feed the birds so in the mudroom I keep bags of bird feed. One fall I noticed piles of bird feed in the garage, very neat about 2" high. I remember thinking WTF about a week later a saw a mouse in the basement. About twenty mice later in the snap traps and the sticky traps the Decon came out and no more mice in the traps. I never had two in a snapper but multiple in a sticky was common.
Last year I was rewarded with a headless body and a regurgitated head of the cats night time activity one morning but I didn't see any more.

volare 77

Reaction score
I had a pan under the car with some antifreeze in it when i drained the radiator. The next morning i went to empty the pan and three mice were in it dead.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I had a pan under the car with some antifreeze in it when i drained the radiator. The next morning i went to empty the pan and three mice were in it dead.
Now I know what to leave on the floor of the garage!

Aspen500

Reaction score
That doesn't work anymore. All antifreeze has bittering agents added so animals (and little kids) don't like the smell or taste. Need to find some NOS coolant, LOL!

odcics2

Reaction score
I call this one, "Just the tip."
Trap was 2 feet from where I set it.
just the tip.JPG

Camtron

Reaction score
If I was in a metal band, that’d be my next album cover. F$cking gnarly lol

Aspen500

Reaction score
Got mouse #10 last night. Can we make an even dozen?:)

I had one trap that vanished. A couple days later I found it with a dead mouse with one leg caught. The trap was waaaaaay out in the middle of the backyard. Little guy made it about 120 feet before he could drag the trap no more. Another time I found only a head in the trap. The rest must have been eaten by some other animal.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Got mouse #10 last night. Can we make an even dozen?:)

I had one trap that vanished. A couple days later I found it with a dead mouse with one leg caught. The trap was waaaaaay out in the middle of the backyard. Little guy made it about 120 feet before he could drag the trap no more. Another time I found only a head in the trap. The rest must have been eaten by some other animal.
If you have gotten rid of that many it's time for Decon.

Justwondering

Reaction score
I'm trying peppermint oil this year.
My cats have been bringing me dead rats to the front door.
And one flying squirrel.
And I do still have the glue traps in the Fifth Avenue.

No sign of last year's possum in the Willys pickup so I'm all good for the moment.

Congrats on your 'double-header'.

JW

Aspen500

Reaction score
So far the count is 10 mice and now one shrew. Strange looking things, what with their pointy nose and no eyes:p

Back